The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Summer 2016 Cruising in the Broughtons/Desolation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Summer 2016 Cruising in the Broughtons/Desolation Reply with quote

Summer 2016 Cruising in the Broughtons/Desolation

I know this is early, but that is what planning is all about right? There is another thread going about a “Canadian Gathering 2016” and I thought it might be helpful in planning for that if we could have some idea of when folks are considering being in the area. I am also considering the possibility of a gathering at Port Harvey as a possibility. Maybe a roving gathering, hitting several spots over a few days would be of interest.

Not wanting to make it too specific, I would count anywhere mid Vancouver Island and on northwest from Nanaimo or Courtenay on the island side or Texada Island or Princess Louisa on the land side as within striking distance of the Broughtons.

If you are considering Vancouver Island at all, count it in as a possibility. At this point I am just looking for possibilities, maybe, and thinking about it. I don’t have specific dates for myself yet either but “this summer” will count for now. Probably July or August; close enough for now.

Hope to see lots of CBRATS up north this summer.

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

williwaw

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Williwaw
Photos: Williwaw
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two CBGTs we've attended (Victoria and Ladysmith) have brought us to fabulous new areas so hey, why not continue north?

We live in Portland so I'm guessing it would be a two days to get up there. Where's the launch point for Port Harvey? Presumably we'd spend a night in the Victoria area then drive north, launch and try to make it to Port Harvey the next day.

Next summer is a long way off but this sounds like a great adventure!
bshillam

City/Region: Bellingham
C-Dory Year: 1981
Vessel Name: Heaven To Me
Photos: My Heaven
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: me too Reply with quote

I'd like to join too. Missed out at Montague and Port Ladysmith last summer. Would be open, but probably only have nine to ten days to play.
JOHN C

City/Region: Cleveland
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Mighty Wench
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Inside Passage Reply with quote

Foreigner (Rossborough 246)

We are planning to cruise from somewhere in WA in early-mid May and cruising the area towards AK for 5 or 6 months. We are tentatively planning to launch in Ancortes, but we will know better after some phone research for reasonable storage fee confirmation sometime in April (any suggestions here would be gratefully appreciated).

If a C-Brat(s) wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen with a Rossborough, we would love to have some company.

John
The Mighty Wench
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Inside Passage Reply with quote

JOHN C wrote:
Foreigner (Rossborough 246)

We are planning to cruise from somewhere in WA in early-mid May and cruising the area towards AK for 5 or 6 months. We are tentatively planning to launch in Ancortes, but we will know better after some phone research for reasonable storage fee confirmation sometime in April (any suggestions here would be gratefully appreciated).

If a C-Brat(s) wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen with a Rossborough, we would love to have some company.

John
The Mighty Wench

Hi John,
Some of our best friends are running (or have been) Rossboroughs and they frequently show up at the CBGT's (C-Brat Get Together's) of which there is a very popular one, scheduled right about at your launch time, at Friday Harbor, on San Juan Island. It is often a jumping off place for those who are headed up the inside, or just for an early summers cruise in the islands.

See this thread for current info on the Friday Harbor CBGT:
http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=23744&highlight=

You will find lots of PNW cruising information here on the CBRATS site. Check under the "Forums" button and use the search for specifics like
Anacortes AND parking AND secure
or
cruising AND guides AND bc AND coast

and put that into the CBRAT Search box, then check the "find all words" in the box below to bring up the results.

Hope that helps,

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: