View previous topic :: View next topic  
My IRA

City/Region: Springfield
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Aidiam
Photos: My IRA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: CD-25 (Scooter) becomes (C-Time) Reply with quote

We are pleased Very Happy to let everyone know that our C-Dory 25 (Scooter) has been sold (done deal). The new owners are Ernie and Rose Mathes, C-Brat members (C-Time) from Gig Harbor, Washington. They have two beautiful children, substantial sailing experience (new converts to the powerboat scene) and are skilled divers as well.

Ernie will take delivery of (C-Time) on Thursday in Springfield,Oregon where we will spend most of the day on a local lake, covering operation and handling of the boat.

Here is the pitch. On his way home, Ernie would like to spend a week exploring the Columbia River scene. Maybe some of you more experienced with this area that we are will offer some suggestions as to where to launch and sites to see.

Please welcome Ernie and Rose as the proud new owners of (C-Time). They are excited and able (unlike us) to attend the many cruising opportunities offered by this most exceptional group of dedicated boaters.

We hope to return as owners in the near future (maybe two years) at which time Helen and I can finally meet the many kind folks that we've shared ideas and information with.

1992 C-Dory 22 Cruiser sold 8/96
1992 OLympic 26XLF Sold 10/2000
1989 Arima 19 SR sold 2003
2004 C-Dory 25 sold 10/05
1992 Bounty 25 Offshore Pilot sold 6/2010
2006 Arima 17 SC sold 9/2012
2013 C-Dory 23 Venture
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad things worked out on your sale of the boat and I sure hope you stick around. If the new owners wish to spend a week on the river they should start down in Warenton and just work their way up. If they just want a couple of days of river time, Kalama is a good place to put in and the trip to Beacon Rock would be rather scenic this time of year....I have to try to get the boat out on the river this weekend and give it some exercise.

this is an excellent publication that can be picked up for free at most any marine supply or sporting goods store http://www.boatoregon.com/Library/ColumbiaGuide.pdf

Mr. Fisherman

C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the opinion regarding the free publication. There is a Columbia River cruising guide with charts adn lots of valuable information that I would recommend as well.
I have not seen many places as beautiful as tha Cathlamete area but I keep going back to Suavie Island. I haven;t been to Beacon Rock but would like to and planb to get to the John Day sometime.
I woulkd be happy to share what info I know about the Suavie Island area.

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
My IRA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken-

Thanks for the info. Ernie and Rose are fine folks and will complement this group well.

We enjoyed following your thread on the insulation goo, sound like spray in stuff might be the best way to go.
My IRA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray-

Thanks for the offer to share your knowledge of Suavie Island. I know that Ernie and Rose are perusing this post and appreciate your input and will respond soon.

It was nice meeting you at Newport this past summer.
Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry & Helen

I'm still looking forward to meeting you again at one of the Brat gatherings. Until then, best o'luck to you both.

Mr. Fisherman

C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry, if you would like a ride out for Halibut next May let me know.
I am looking forward to meeting the new owners and can hardly wait for Cathlamete this coming year. Have trailer will travel Wink
Chuckpacific

City/Region: SW PDX
Vessel Name: Big Sky
Photos: Big Sky
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as a trailer is involved why not see the best places on the Columbia and skip some of not-so-impressive spots (like the Portland Harbor).

The best trip would have them initially putting in at Warrenton and heading upstream. I suggest that cruising to Cathlamet on the main channel should be complemented with returning to Warrenton via the Prairie, Clifton and South channels (high tide preferably) as these are extremely picturesque and historically significant. I can give you more info on these if needed.

The second mini-cruise would involve putting in at St Helens and circumnavigating Sauvie Island. Additional time can be spent exploring toward Longview if desired.

Finally, I would head to the Ralph Gleason ramp near the airport and from there head to the beginning of the gorge and Beacon Rock then returning.

This should exhibit most anything the Columbia has to offer (high wind, tidal effect, barge and ship traffic, backwaters and sloughs, open channel navigation with maybe even a little fog and of course the ever-present Oregon "sunshine".
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry and Helen --
We hope to be up in the NW next summer and look forward to meeting at Gatherings -- you're always welcome aboard Halcyon. We send our best wishes to you two.

El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernie and Rose --
Welcome aboard! Have a great sea trial and good cruise on the Columbia. We're always looking for folks with kids who like to do some cruising -- maybe next summer we'll have another cruise through San Juans with our grandkids and you folks will be able to join. Otherwise, hope to meet you at a Gathering.
C-Time

City/Region: Gig Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: C-Time
Photos: C-Time
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: C-Time Reply with quote

Thank you all for the warm welcome. We are looking forward to meeting you at a gathering or out cruising. I will be leaving shortly for Jerry and Helens for our sea trial tomorrow. Thank You Chuckpacific, B~C, Mr. Fisherman, and all others for the wonderful suggestions for the Columbia River.

Soon to be out on the Water
Ernie
True Story

City/Region: Snoqualmie
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: True Story
Photos: True Story
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
My IRA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray-

Thanks for the Halibut trip offer. I have a long time friend who usually fishes the early opener (D-7 at Newport) but hey his boat is not a C-Dory.

Larry-

It would be good to see you again. I still remember when you took delivery of the "Helen O" at Sportcraft, your excitement was so contagious that we caught the CD-25 fever. Post some recent photos of your boat, I would like to see the changes you've made.

El and Bill-

You two embody all that is special about this group. We would feel honored to board Halcyon and learn more about extended travel with a CD-22. We are confident that within three years or sooner, we'll be back on the water, anxious to attend some of the cruises (instead of just reading about them).
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: C-Time Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, down in Gig Harbor you should run into Bill and Evelyn (Brave Heart, CD16) and Robbi I think (C-Run, CD19). And Jim and Laurie (Laurna Jo, CD25) are not too far away in Tacoma. And any weekend all year long, you just might spy Daydream, a CD25...I think Quartermaster Harbor on Vashon, which is an easy run from Gig Harbor, is our next winter weekend destination!

c-time wrote:
Thank you all for the warm welcome. We are looking forward to meeting you at a gathering or out cruising. I will be leaving shortly for Jerry and Helens for our sea trial tomorrow. Thank You Chuckpacific, B~C, Mr. Fisherman, and all others for the wonderful suggestions for the Columbia River.

Soon to be out on the Water
Ernie

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: