The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/04 - 03/06 - St. John's River, Florida 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to put on names on the list. We have spent only a little time on the St. John's and this may be a good year for more time. We have been going to Marathon for about 5 years, but lost our "spot" last year, because of our commitments in Calif. This year, we have said we will stay around home...well St John's is only a long day's drive.... If anyone is coming along I 10, we are only about 7 miles off the Freeway,and close to the back gate of Pensacola Naval Air Station. Lots of room on our lot to park your C Dory and rig, of if coming by water, our dock is always available, if you make the run up from the ICW.
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob
Sorry to hear that you lost your "Spot" in Marathon.....but glad you and Marie will be able to join us at Hontoon Island State Park. The food will not be as fancy as it was at Apalachicola but the fellowship and fireside chat is priceless!

See you then! Tom

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
bcassal

City/Region: BLoomington
State or Province: IN
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Carpy
Photos: Carpy
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you have a great list of commitments. Unfortunately Carpy hasn't been out for a while. We have had it out on our lake, about 4miles by 11/2.
Ive fighting colon cancer,the Chemotherapy mostly. We are also having our wedding Reception (party) on March 12 My Son and his wife and my new grandson. Born on hollowene . They are in Olympia Wa and don't get here very often.The St. Johns river Is our favorite Venues for boating .Enjoy the gathering and have fun.

Bruce and Joyce
Carpy
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce and Joyce

The gathering on the St. Johns will not be the same without you and the Carpy. Trust that you'll have a complete recovery in 2016 so that you can join us again in 2017. It's great that you will be able to get together with you Son and his family. Family comes first.

Till then.....Tom and "the other Joyce"
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: St Johns Reply with quote

I hope I can make it this year The Last 2 years there was always something work the first year and broken trailer the next . I'm getting new tires and wheels for trailer and rebuilt brakes and wiring so trailer should be good ?? I might get Mike Taylor to come along (Papillon ) Jim (jennykatz)
00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
Kelliot

City/Region: Lanexa, VA (on Chickahominy River)
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Sharon and I will be attending again this. Reply with quote

We will arrive monday if anyone has a trip planned we would love to join you.
TadandTobyJackson

City/Region: Merritt Island
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: Comfy Dory Too
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom and Joyce,
I just put Toby and I on the Sign Up list for the St. John's CBGT. We're very excited to see everyone again this year. I retired in August so we will have time to come up early and we will be cruising down the St. John's to JVille and north on the ICW maybe to Jekyll Is. or St. Simons afterward and then head south on the ICW back to our home on Merritt Island. Maybe 2 weeks on the boat...Heaven!!!
The other good news is that we may be coming to the CBGT in another C-Dory! We are meeting Marc Grove at Wefings Marine on Wed. the 6th to take a test ride on C-Tide, 25' Cruise Ship #4. If the boat is what it appears to be and we can work out a price, we will purchase in January and then sell the Comfy Dory. We got jealous of you Folks stepping it up with your new 25' boat! Toby is ecstatic about having an enclosed Head.
See you soon.
Tad and Toby
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim.....sure hope that everything works out for you to join us at the SBGT on Hontoon Island. Trailers are an important part on our way of boating. All the new parts on yours should make it like new! Keep working on Mike with the Papillon. See you in March!

Ken.....Joyce and I were wondering when you and Sharon were going to sign up. Glad you did! Need to "steal" ideas off the Sea Angel. We will be going north on the St. Johns after the SBGT on Monday. A few others will be joining us. I am sure that some will cruse before the gathering. You should be able to "hook" up with another boat. Bill and Becky will be at Hontoon most all of Feb. with the "Blue Days" and Hank and Pat with the "Meri Aura" are staying at Astor till mid March. Tomorrow we will go out for a few days with Hank and Pat.

Tad and Toby.....about time you signed up...been watching for you! Wow....looking at the C-Tide! Seems to be a nice boat. When we went to Marcs gathering at Apalachicola with the C-Otter, Joyce and I gave it a look. The composting toilet is a nice feature and the head has more space than the C-Otter. I am surprised that it has not found a new home by now. Must be waiting for some special people like you and Toby. Smile Let us know how it works out.

To all...happy New Year! We will be bringing in 2016 on the C-Otter.

Tom and Joyce
Tully-B

City/Region: Hopkins
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Tully-B
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: St. Johns River Gathering Reply with quote

Hi Tom, It is so great reading the various posts regarding the St. Johns River Gathering. Jan and I are very excited about joining this year and we have been doing a good deal of thinking about the trip. We look forward to making new friends among the many C-Brats that will be making the gathering. I talked to Tex last week and he said that if he and Sharon were finished snowboarding by the time of the gathering that they might join us. I sure hope so, I don't think that I could make ice cream like Tex does. I think that Jan and I will stick to making pies. We wish every one a Happy and Prosperus New Year. Lee and Jan on the Tully-B
Bill and Brenda Russell

City/Region: Stamps AR
State or Province: AR
Vessel Name: Falcon
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday, January 01, 2016

The 2015 St John's River gathering was a great adventure for old Arkansas Cotton Choppers. Brenda and I cruised to Jacksonville and wanted "Falcon" to taste the Atlantic but cold 37° weather turned us back.

This year we plan to cruise up river (south) after the gathering.

Tom and Joyce let us know if we can arrive early and help with anything, firewood, preparing the dock, food, etc. Send us a PM.

Bill and Brenda Russell

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking more at my plans for coming down. Think unless someone has a better recommendation, I'll plan on launching and parking the rig at Astor Marine Thursday afternoon, and pulling into Hontoon that evening. (So looking for helpful hints on navigating the river between those points.) I hope to stay after the gathering till Thursday, pulling out first thing Friday AM for the drive home. So I'd enjoy cruising with anybody those 4 days after the gathering. I'm coming down thru Montgomery, so wondering if anyone has suggestions for what routing to use after that. Right now I'm looking at 231 to 84, then 75 to Ocala, and 40 over to Astor. Colby
thataway

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My feeling is the fastest and easiest is 231 directly to I 10, and then I 10 to 75. Less small towns, and better roads.
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob. I think my thought process was to stay away from Tallahassee. I only tow at 60 mph anyway. Knowing that, you think I'd still be god staying on 231 all the way to 10? Colby
thataway

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 10 does not go thru Tallahassee. It is sort of a "non event"--much as Pensacola is. We don't have many if any traffic jams on I 10, except after major Hurricanes, or accidents!

We go thru Montgomery all of the time on I 65, but take exit 69, since it is closer to our home. You should be fine on 231 all of the way to I 10. Tallahassee proper is South of I 10.
Bill and Brenda Russell

City/Region: Stamps AR
State or Province: AR
Vessel Name: Falcon
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year we had launched "Falcon" on the St Johns River, ( N29° 00.623 W081° 22.954), and parked the truck and trailer for an extended time at Ed Stone Park with many others. The attendant said the park has good security.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: