The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Wallas 95D Heater Cover Fan Not Working
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Microswitch Reply with quote

sjhantzis wrote:
The fan has failed to turn on a couple more times since my original post and I've always "corrected" the problem by tapping it with a filet knife.

Mine did the same thing starting year before last. The required tapping got progressively more violent until it quit working at all late last year.

I got an Ecofan but don't like it sitting up there while underway so I also mounted a 12v fan above the stove that blows down onto it.

I will probably do as Boris plans and see if replacing the switch with a manual will work. If not, I will leave it like it is.

My stove is an old one, circa 1999, and the last time I sent it to Scan will be the last time. They replaced some parts with used parts - had they asked first I would have said to use new - but the bill was still around $600. And they did nothing about the fan problem I asked them to fix. Something has changed up there, because the service isn't like it used to be.

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, When I saw this thread listed I wondered if you had seen it. Guess so. Not much joy in this set, so far.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Pandion

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey, hopefully the switch has another year or two of filet knife-tapping left in it before it gives up the ghost. At least it's stuck in the on position. If it dies completely I'll look at an Ecofan or maybe attempt to install an independent switch, as has been suggested.

But the stove itself is apparently in its geriatric years; 13 years old and it's had three separate pricey part failures already this year. Unless I can buy some kind of health care plan for it, or pay for a comprehensive overhaul that includes a warranty, I can't afford--ching ching--to keep taking it back to Scan Marine.

Andy Ryan

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understand. And if you are using it primarily for cabin heat, you want the fan on anyway. That other little stove works great for cooking, so on with the knife tapping.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

journey on wrote:
My plan is to replace that microswitch with a manual switch that can be turned on when we want heat from the Wallas.

Works great. Thanks!

I even had an unused switch on the helm panel I was able to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: