HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Good Deal on Webasto Heater from Nick at Interstate in Iowa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
interstatepsdav

City/Region: davenport
State or Province: IA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. Nick from INTERSTATE here. Im glad you like your wabasto, they are great units. YES we use to carry espar and I still can get them, but we use to buy them 5-10 pallets at a time to keep cost down. Espar D2 kits from me now are around $1050-1150 plus shipping for the complete kit. We starting carrying wabastos due to more OEM's using them, same quality, better price to you my customers.

Our kits are for semi's with huge bunks. They are considered ON-road kits. The only difference i found between the marine was marine came with a through hull fitting, full stainless hardware and a marine decal and 3 times the price. Last year I sold probally 75 or more to boat owners like yourself who bought a hull fitting, a 2.5 gal plastic tank and $100 worth of stuff to install into a boat. The complaints I got, ZERO!!!!! I sold more...

I carry Both wabasto and espars and service parts. I just can not get marine parts as for thats for marine dealers only. But i can offer you tech support, good pricing, fast shipping and friendly service. But please ask for me, the other parts guys will tell you NOT FOR MARINE USE. But since I am the ESPAR/WABASTO guy come to me anyways as for I am the one who knows most about them. WE SELL WHAT WE INSTALL.

Thank you for the support. If you guys have any questions, Please contact me direct at work @ 563-508-0908 or shoot me a email @ nziegler@istate.com

I also can get different size units, and we also carry engine heaters and combo kits. A cab heater and a engine heater combo that draw off 1 tank.Keeps your engine hot all of the time, and toasty in the cab....

thank you

NICK ZIEGLER
INTERSTATE POWER SYSTEMS
DAVENPORT IOWA
563-388-9988
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing this thread back alive too. I can get this Wabasto kit for $880 on ebay, but it looks like I would have to get a few additional items to install. (like the fuel tank and thru-hill exhaust.) I'm leaning very heavily towards getting this. Have those of you that got this unit been pretty happy with it? Colby
colbysmith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if I go with this unit, what additional items would I need to buy to install it? (I'm looking at the standard kit that comes with the non-marine versions.)

Additional note. I just called and spoke with someone at Webasto industries. (Nice to see they are located nearby in Michigan). I wanted to find out what the difference was in the standard kit/unit, and the one sold in Marine stores, other than the price hike. Apparently the standard kit (for trucks) has a plastic fuel line, and an unprotected fuel pump. For Marine applications, the line is changed to copper and the fuel pump is enclosed. They also sale the aluminum fuel tank separately. Seems to me the Wallas units use plastic tanks and plastic lines from what I can see in the various photos. So not sure why one can't just stick with the clear plastic. What have others done with regards to getting the cheaper road kits?
Colby
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, inside the boat, not in an engine room, you can get away with the "non Marine" units. I used a truck unit from another manufacturer in my Cal 46, and it was commercial grade materials, but not ignition protected--as it would have to be in a gas powered boat's engine room.
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
colbysmith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob. Well, I'm committed now. Rolling Eyes Just bought the non-marine version off of ebay for $900.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361418908514

So now I'm looking for any and all advice on additional items I will need to install this on my CD-22. The unit above is coming from 45 miles up the road (Lodi Wi), so I assume will be here this week. My desire is to use the 10L clear plastic tank that Wallas uses, so I'm sure I will need to order that from scan marine. I think I will be satisfied with the rheostat that comes in the Webasto kit, so unless I get some strong advice to get the Sure Wiring Kit ($400), I don't see a need for that. SO the only other items I can see a need for (besides the fuel tank) would be the Thru Hull Exhaust port, the Insulation Sock and maybe the mounting bracket. Although it looks like there is a bracket included in the kit coming with my purchase. As for the combustion air intake, I don't plan on hooking that up to anything. Maybe just put a louver in the cabinet doors. (Which will probably even help with my butane stove, that is sensitive to opening and closing cabinet door when it's in use!) (Assuming I understand how the air intake works on this unit.) Colby
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a thread that had the list of parts required. David posted it. Someone help me here...Pat's brewery partner/friend who had a 25 with the leaking fuel tank....

Damned memory....

I found it. Search through Anna Leigh threads. I know he had a pretty complete list cause at one point I was considering installing one.

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are extremely happy with the Webasto we purchased from Interstate. David installed his own. We had Scott from the OLD C-Dory factory install ours (it may actually have been Greg Little, who is still with C-Dory, if so, THANK YOU, Greg!). Either way, WELL worth the $$$.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: