Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll stick Quartermaster Harbor in our list of places to try in the future - for this weekend, the Admiral has decreed that we will be anchoring Saturday night at Manzanita Bay, and we will follow SeaDNA's suggestion to try crabbing off Indianola. We will be monitoring 16 / 68 if anyone is in the neighborhood!

Adeline wrote:
How about Quartermaster Harbor at Vashon Island. It's sheltered and quiet with excellent crabbing. You can either anchor out or tie up at the Dockton Park. Many slips and shower facilities too.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good bird watching spot, Manzanita Bay.

Bill and El, I sure did like your Black Cat on Finger Lakes idea. Must be one purrfect vino, that. Down a glass for this west coast cat, and I hope to join you soon.
Cat
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was 65 degrees and mostly sunny today in Seattle. I monitored my hand held ICOM VHF at work today, and it looks to be pretty mild this weekend.
Boss, you're not reading this, are you?
CoolSmile
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a most glorious day to be out on the water. I think I got sunburned. Embarassed I hope it holds for those planning on hanging out on the hook this weekend.
I was even treated to a wingover by my favorite pilot. Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, we launched at Eddie Vine ramp at Shilshole Saturday a.m. Only about six and a half miles over to Indianola, nice sunny day if a little windy - the rag boats were everywhere, we had bit of a challenge dodging them! Set our crab pots off Indianola, did not see SeaDNA or any other C-Dorys, we got no Dungies but got seven reasonably big Red Rocks, enough for a great dinner for sure. We cooked them up, picked the meat, Patty made a cheesy sauce for the crab meat, and we put it over croissants, with nice pinot noir to wash it all down - this is the life! Manzanita Bay sounds like it is in Mexico, but in fact it is on the west side of Bainbridge Island, a little ways south of Agate Passage, a very cool spot to anchor in about 30 feet. There were a sailboat and two good size powerboats anchored there, lots of room, set the hook, and put up the camperback. A sundowner on the cockpit, what could be better! The aforementioned crab dinner, Wallas blazing, read our trashy novels for a spell, and turned in. Woke up to a somewhat drizzily and foggy Sunday morning...After a leisurely breakfast, slow run home, got a good test of the radar on the trip back! Easy retrieval, boat is unloaded, motor is flushed. All in all, a pretty darn good weekend!!
Mr. Fisherman

State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome trip. Thanks for taking us along.

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was an unusual weekend of boating for me. Because Jessica is so involved with church and school activities it is difficult for us to get out on the boat together......so this weekend I came up with a new plan. After getting off work Sat. morning, I loaded up "Sea Shift" and launched at the Everett Launch ramp, cruised out and about for a brief while, then tied at the Everett Marina in front of Anthony's Home Port. (Had a certificate for a complimentary free nights mooring there that I had received at the Seattle Boat show last January). In the evening Carol and Jessica were able to drive down to join me in a BBQ of steak on the boat. Then they returned home as they had more activities of involvement this morning. Then this afternoon Carol came back and joined me for a brief cruise before I loaded "Sea Shift" back on the trailer for the trip home. During those two days, I saw two 22' C-Dorys and one 16' Angler towing a dinghy. They all seemed to be in hurry, but they all waved as they cruised by.
C-Brat #16
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat and Patty --
What a great weekend! Sure enjoyed your description of the weekend. Thanks for sharing!!

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a fabulous weekend! The amazing thing is, we had been so focused north, launching in Blaine or Bellingham, we really had never even considered these destinations we can reach more easily from Fall City. We are pouring over the Waggoner regularly, and still open to suggestions - it looks like Quartermaster Harbor is likely next! Some of our best overnighters are between October and February. We don't go out in gale force winds of course, but it is astounding how many nice days there are and how deserted most anchorages are even on bright sunny days in that period. Gotta love that Wallas!

El and Bill wrote:
Pat and Patty --
What a great weekend! Sure enjoyed your description of the weekend. Thanks for sharing!!
lloyds

City/Region: sublimity
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
Vessel Name: undecided
Photos: 1996 22 Cruiser (Lloyds)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday night we tied to the dock at Blake Island. With the exception of one other boat, we were there alone. Except for the raccoon that insisted on finding the food in the stern in the middle of the night. Monday morning came back across to shilshole in the fog. A little nerve wracking.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shucks, sounds like we had come back in before you went out...oh, well, maybe next time! When we checked out the Blake Island dock on a trip earlier in the year, there was no room, so we ended up on a buoy on the west side, totally satisfactory, in fact we realized the next morning we could have anchored and saved a few bucks. A friend had mentioned his anchor slipped there, but there were quite a few boats anchored when we were there. Fog is tough, even with radar, but especially without...

lloyds wrote:
Sunday night we tied to the dock at Blake Island. With the exception of one other boat, we were there alone. Except for the raccoon that insisted on finding the food in the stern in the middle of the night. Monday morning came back across to shilshole in the fog. A little nerve wracking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: