The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Portland Boat Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock-C

City/Region: Salem
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Rock-C
Photos: Rock-C
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Portland Boat Show Reply with quote

We went to the Portland Boat Show on Sunday. Headed straight for the C-Dory display. Sportscraft Marina is hosting the C-Dory boats. Scott from the C-Dory factory was there. Talked with him for a while. Told him how influencial C-Brats were in my decision to buy our boat. I mentioned the big plans for the CBC at the SBS.

I got a chance to crawl around inside a CD25 cruise ship. Very nice. Both the wife & I felt the lower cockpit in the CD22 felt better. There was a 19' and a 16 foot along with the 22 & 25. Considering the weather, there was a pretty good turnout at the show. Wish I could make it to the SBSCBC. Have fun.

B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say Terry, did they have much in the line of do-dads and boat knick-knacks at the show? Every time I think about going to the show,I look outside and chicken out.
Rock-C

City/Region: Salem
C-Dory Year: 1988
Vessel Name: Rock-C
Photos: Rock-C
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi B~C
Lots & lots of goodies.One thing I found that I've been searching for was a davit for pulling crab rings. One outfit out of West Salem had several models. Hand pulls or electric motors. Well made, starting at $135. up to $800.
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kid and I slid down to the show today, mighty disappointing after having seen the big Seattle show. The highlight was listening to the ice slide off the roof, sounded like rolling thunder. Those pot pullers where pretty nice looking but untill the pot puller I have now starts gripping to much, or moves out, we'll make do. We climbed through all the boats and determined the C-Dory was our favorite
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: