The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Bluebacks-16' back-up power.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern with a SUP paddle would be flex. A paddle boarder is pushing only themselves and the board over the water. Almost zero drag and less than 300#. Still, some people complain of inexpensive SUP paddles flexing. Since aluminum tends to flex and stay flexed, using an aluminum SUP paddle to move +1,500# of boat, gear, and people through the water could be asking too much. You could take dainty little strokes, but just when you really need a paddle, a long SUP may fail.

I haven't tried my electric trolling motor on my 16 yet. It looks like, with a waterproof bag over the control head, that the engine would sit down in the splash well for storage. I already have [url]Hella sockets[/url] set up for down riggers, so a Hella plug on the electric motor would make it plug-and-play.

The prior owner had two canoe paddles on board. I also haven't tried them. I think I'll try the electric motor first.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: