The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SleepyC on a SE Vancouver Island introduction.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently at Lagoon Cove, and on the way to Port Harvey for good Fish and Chips, and they do lots of gluten free stuff there including great veggie pizza and fish and chips.

I am also going to drop of a CBRAT burgee at Port Harvey. Hummm, I guess I have a thing about that place.

I have had a great cruise so far, lots of Whales, bears and really good early morning music and quiet water cruising. Most of the good wildlife I have seen has been before 0800, and some of that has been really great. Mornings have been overcast and cool generally and clearing by noon, and then the breeze comes up. Most of the time at anchor, and I even have a really good anchoring story or two to bring home. This has been a huge step, in that I have no cooler, and so far have only lost 2 slices of bread to mold. I have had fresh fruit or veggies almost every day, and good drinking water.

One night on anchor, (I get up and do an anchor check at low or high tide, whichever happens in the night, and I watched the meteor shower. in a totally dark, quiet bay. Even turned my anchor light off for the watching time. Super starlight, no moon, and only the stars and the fish tracks in the water (bio-luminescent trails, following the fish). Amazing how many and how close to the boat and the surface.

The connections to the rest of the world are sporadic, infrequent and not very reliable. Once I get back to the world (funny, I used to use that term a long time ago, with a whole nuther meaning), and I have time to put this together I'll post a bit of the highlights. What a great place, the whole Vancouver Island.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

ddenver

City/Region: Quilcene
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: C-Renity
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Safe Travels! Reply with quote

Good day Harvey! Thanks for the location update. Great to hear you are out enjoying the water and nature.

I would assume you will not be joining us in Bellingham for the CBGT this coming w/e since you are so far north. Sorry we will miss you being there but you are obviously in a good place.

I am envious.... that darn retirement thing with benefits such as you are enjoying sure sounds great. Anyway, stay safe and have a great time!

Take care,
Dan, Tanya, and Hannah on Echo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Grand Adventures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: