The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/24 - 07/26 - Ladysmith, BC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blindbaybob

City/Region: Kamloops
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Grey C'Lune
Photos: Grey C'Lune
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz Wow, what a great gathering in Ladysmith! Dorothy and Bill, Blake and Rhonda, you are to be commended for organizing and putting so much personal care into every detail.
The venue was beautiful; so nice to see the Maritime Society, a local volunteer group doing so well.
Dinner at the Fox and Hounds was excellent. Breakfast on the dock was beyond everyone's expectations; Blake and Rhonda thought of everything, right down to raspberries and whipped cream for the waffles!
Geocaching was completely new to us and fun to experience.
Always fun to welcome new boat names to the group, and Pat did an excellent job of christening.
We picked up good tips on the boat tour, and of course the pot luck was the highlight will great food and great company. So nice to renew old friendships and meet new Brats.

Peace Now we are headed towards the first set of rapids to make it up to the Broughtons - a new experience that we face with some trepidation but lots of hope on this sunny, calm day! Heard Anytime Baby and Sleepy-C on the radio a few minutes ago in Desolation Sound. Hope to see some of you as we travel...

Safe waters to all,

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patty here. We just tucked Daydream in the driveway and will wash her tomorrow. What a super gathering! I can't say anything more than the previous post. You Canadians set the bar high! We hope some of you will make it to the Bellingham revival in August. Many thanks to Bill and Dorothy, Blake and Rhonda. Wow!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made it home this afternoon too. Time to clean up a bit and then head off to Clayoquot Sound on Thursday for some fishing. Nice night in Silva Bay and then Princess Cove on our way home. We went over to Silva Bay via Pirates Cove, missing the big rain storm, with C-gypsy and Sleepy-C and then met Tom and Betsy of Sea Chanty in Connover Cove on Wallace.
Paddle-2tc

City/Region: Saskatoon
State or Province: SK
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Blue Skies
Photos: Blue Skies
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a new tilt motor,and are heading out bright and early tomorrow to Port Alberni, where we will launch and spend a few days in and around the Broken Group.

See you all before too long!

Bill and Dorothy
Blue Skies
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Envious!

Paddle-2tc wrote:
We have a new tilt motor,and are heading out bright and early tomorrow to Port Alberni, where we will launch and spend a few days in and around the Broken Group.

See you all before too long!

Bill and Dorothy
Blue Skies
bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible gathering. Ranks right up there with the "Best of Canadian eh". Kudos to Dorothy & Bill, the main organizers. More kudos to Rhonda & Blake who personally sponsored and supplied a fantastic breakfast, and followed up with the C-Brat Chowder at the pot-luck, (this year I beat Pat to the trough, hee hee). Everyone was raving about the success of the gathering. So the big question is, who is going to host the Canadian gathering in 2016 ???

After Ladysmith, Anytime Baby (Larry/Liz), C-Cup (Brett), Nomad (Martin/Andrea), and About Time (sail boat friends of Nomad) arrived at Lund, the gateway to Desolation Sound. C-Fury (Blake), Sleepy C (Harvey), and C-Dancer (Caryn/Peter) arrived the next day, meeting up with the first group at Cortez Bay. Then Followed a night at Roscoe Bay and Melanie Cove. When at anchor, the C-Dory's rafted up and drew many admiring comments from passing boaters. Thursday morning saw C-Cup head for Chatterbox Falls and Nomad head for Comox. For those interested in distance/time, Nomad covered the distance from Melanie Cove to Comox in under 3 hours, and we are a heavy loaded boat!
The remaining boats are staying on in Desolation for another couple of days and arriving in Comox on Saturday for the annual "Comox Nautical Days" weekend party.

Martin.
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Ladysmith CBGT 2015 Reply with quote

Our C-Brat shipmates did a terrific job at Ladysmith! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

The docks, wash rooms and showers were clean and modern. The entire facility was excellent Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

We had a great time. Thank you for the good job you all did Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Ruth and Joe, C-Brats #22
R-MATEY

2010 R25SC Tug (Mar 2010 - Sold Oct 2013)
1993 22 Cruiser (Jan 2014 - Sold March 2023)
williwaw

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Williwaw
Photos: Williwaw
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also had a terrific time. Met lots of new people and saw a bit of Ladysmith (including maybe too much of the Old Town Bakery and their cinnamon rolls).

One more item: during the boat tours several people wanted to know where I got my 1/2" split cable sheathing I used on my solar panel wires. I got it from CableTiesAndMore.com and it's called Braided Sheathing.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorothy and Bill, Blake and Rhonda What a great job you all did. This was a great gathering. Sorry to take so long to reply but I have been on the hook much of the time and out of cell, i-net and text service. Currently I'm in brown's Bay Marina just a shade North of Campbell River. Seymour Narrows for tomorrow. The navigation has been a kick, tides, currents, depths and even water supply. Loving my C-Dory.

Really enjoyed sharing time with the group at Ladysmith and then with the small groups after, too. Thanks to all.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Lizarry

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Anytime Baby
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well alrighty then..... Liz and I just got home yesterday, had a great time. We want to thank everyone for a great gathering in Ladysmith , great location , great turnout , great food , great friends . Thanks to Bill and Dorothy , well done , how does anyone top it ? And a big thanks to all boat crews that helped make the cruise after the gathering , so much fun . Nomad , C Cup , C Fury , Sleepy C , C Dancer , and About Time ....... Thanks again to all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: