The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2.5 suzuki oil level on boat and dingy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Granath

City/Region: Vancouver
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Solis Ortus
Photos: Solis Ortus
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: 2.5 suzuki oil level on boat and dingy Reply with quote

When the motor is vertical the oil level is right at the high mark. When I put the motor on the boat braket it shows below the low mark because of the angle of the bracket. So I moved the tilt up two notches to make the motor level, but then when I place it on the dingy (achilles LSI 230) the motor is tilted up and the oil level shows high. I'm not worried about dingy performance because we just put around. My concern is damaging the motor. Is it okay to run the motor like this as long as the oil shows in the correct range when vertical? Anyone else experience this.
anchorout

City/Region: Lake Charles
State or Province: LA
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: EZ DUZIT
Photos: EZ DUZIT
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: 2.5 suz Reply with quote

If the oil level is good when the motor is level, it is ready to go. You can run it on the dinghy at whatever tilt angle or even kick it way up to run in shallow water mode. Great little motor.
T.R. Bauer

City/Region: Wasilla
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Whisperer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a splash oiling system.....very simple and extremely antiquated. Anyway, I agree it will probably be fine for about ever as there will be lots of times it is level as they are moving all over the place anyway because of the seas. I don't think you can ever really make them perfectly level in actual use because of the dynamics and I wouldn't worry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: