The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/15 - 05/17 - 2015 Friday Harbor Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizarry

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Anytime Baby
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well alrighty then we just got home from our great adventure that started at Friday Harbor , Thanks Greg and Cindie for all your hard work in putting on a great CBGT . The crew from" C-Fury" joined Liz and I on a trip to Seattle with a stop over for the night at Langley , then a couple of nights in Bell Harbor , we had a great time getting together with Peter and Caryn for dinner ,thanks guys..... Then a plan was hatched , "AnyTime Baby", "C-Fury" left Seattle and headed towards the San Juans . We hooked up with "C-Dancer" and "Nomad" on the dock at Jones Island for a little birthday party for Andrea and Caryn , Had a blast , and no head ache .... "C-Fury" and "AnyTime Baby" cleared customs at Bedwell ( we were once again searched from tip to tail ) on to Salt Spring Island for a couple of nights . Had a wee bit of rough water to cross to get home to Port Angeles but not to bad... Liz and I want to thank everyone for such a great time , Greg , Cindie well done thanks again . Larry
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the kind words C-Brats and we are already looking forward to hosting next year. We just got back late yesterday from the trip and had a great time out in the islands. Sucia, Matia, Jones, Stuart, Snug Cove, Deer Harbor, Blakely, Garrison Bay and the only glitch was some overheat behavior with the Wallas heater.

Glad all went well for other island hoppers, and Larry we also had some lively water in the western straight working our way back to Deception Pass but the 19 took it all in stride.

Greg, Cindie, and Aven

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little tardy in saying it but THANKS to everyone (especially the wonderful organizers)!!!!

Amy, Teddi and I sure a had a nice time visiting!!! Teddi says she can't wait to go swimming again at Matia.

Kind Regards,

John
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing Memorial Day holiday.

I enjoyed these three days off, but not as much as last weekend. What a blast we all had at the Friday Harbor Brat Bash. It was rewarding to see so many new people enjoying their C-Dory's. I recall our first rendezvous in March 2001, which attracted 8 or 9 boats. Besides Bambina and Fred and Robbin, I don't think any others from that initial Langley appointment were with us last week. In fact, I don't recall anyone else from that first year's cruises present at Friday. Point is, while the years fly by like pennies at the pump and people come and go, other new C-Dory boaters fill their places and our gatherings maintain energy, momentum and fellowship. It's a pleasure to watch.

Not to say everyone's new. By no means, and besides, I've been absent for a few years so I'm new, too. I sure enjoyed seeing Joe and Ruth, Pat and Patti, Peter and Caryn, Fred and Robbin, John and Amy and Sequim's very own Harvey. Gee, it was nice to reconnect with all of you. Thanks to everyone for all the effort it took to get from home to Harbor, and to our organizers and event planners. What a fine bunch of folks. Oh, can't forget the dogs. You furry characters were fun, too!
bridma

City/Region: Comox
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Greg, Cindy, and Aven. We had a blast. All your organising was much appreciated.
After FH we visited, Sucia, Blakely, Olga, Rosario, Fishermans Bay, Garrison Bay, Jones, Roche Harbor, Sidney, Newcastle Island. Got home supper time last night. Thanks to all the C-Brats we met on the way. Roll on Ladysmith for some great Canadian hospitality eh!

Martin and Andrea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: