The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

My new to me 25 cruiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Lefers

City/Region: St.charles
State or Province: MO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bobcat
Photos: Jim Lefers
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: My new to me 25 cruiser Reply with quote

I leave for Kentucky early Tuesday to get our new to us 25 cruiser. The original owner did not get it with fridge or micro wave ( was a micro wave a option) and can one of you advise me on what the fridge would have been. Pretty sure it's prewired for that,had a survey done and he reported that it was . Have wanted one for years,at one time we ( St.Louis) had a dealer and I would see one at our boat show and dream.We sold our 32' pontoon tracker sun cruiser that we trailered to the Erie ,Trent Severn Champlain and others and hoping to do the same with this dory.We took a 16'cruiser to the everglades national waterway this past winter and had a good time with it there and after we sell the little one we plan some trips with the big one.A fridge,micro wave and Honda gen I'll be after now,thanks for any tips ,Jim Lefers
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the "new" boat. You will love it! Compared to the 16 it is a palace!

The microwave has not been a factory option in the past. The small Norcold refrigerator was put in most of the boats. Our 25 had the refrigerator under the Helm seat. We elected to put one of the chest freezer/refrigerators on our Tom Cat. The chest type often have a larger capacity, and may be more efficient (being top loading). The front loading may be slightly easier to get into, but you have to get down on the floor level.

There will be a number of photos of the refer under the helm seat. Some may have them under one of the dinette seats.

Photo of the combo freezer/refer slid out into the isle for access on the Tom Cat. I believe that Pat did a similar thing on his 24.

Microwaves have been several places, most common is on top of the aft hanging locker. Also up high in front of the head, and on the galley counter. "Mechanical" microwaves seem to work better on the inverters and Hondas. (Rotary dial for time, and temp).

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not yet set on a microwave, you might consider a microwave size toaster oven instead. While you don't get the rapid heating you get from a microwave and it's not great for quickly heating water, the toaster over provide far more flexibility. I've done everything from steaks to salmon to frittatas and more in ours.
Larry Patrick

City/Region: Dallas
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea -Jo
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the boat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: