The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/25 to 03/29 - 13th Annual Delta/Bay Extravaganza
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SEA3PO

City/Region: Chester
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SEA3PO
Photos: SEA3PO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to make sure Donald and David know how much we all enjoyed Espetus Churrascaria in San Francisco.... it was truly amazing..I have never enjoyed eating at a restaurant more...amazing food... the absolute best ! And what better to share on Donald's 80th birthday..... what a fine gift to all of us... Thanks... I will remember THAT party for many years....
Classy gift

Joel
SEA3PO
Dora~Jean

City/Region: Simi Valley
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Dora~Jean
Photos: Dora~Jean
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of pictures to post, but no photo album. Do others have pictures to post also? If not, I can just post on this message forum.
Corsair F-31 Trimaran 1996-2002
MacGregor 26X 1988-1996
Glaspar Seafair Sedan 18 (2)
StarCraft 19 & 22
Catalina 17 & 22
Crestliner 19
+4 Previous, 1/2 sail, 1/2 power
Bluechablis

City/Region: Redondo Beach
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Far C'r
Photos: Far C'r
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Delta Extravaganza under my belt, an adventure Bernie and I will always remember and will be looking forward to doing again next year. Thank you Jim, Kathy, John, and Robbin for making this possible and the wonderful C-Brats we got to be reacquainted with as well as the new friends that we have made. This trip was especially special with the weather and the activities that we enjoyed thanks to Joel, on SEA3PO, and David, on Blue Eagle.
It has been taking me quite a while to go through all the footage and photography that I created during the trip and produce a video. I have decided to break it down day by day and keep it to 5 to 10 mins long, otherwise I tend to produce an opus. As I upload them to You Tube I will post on this thread with the links. Anyone that would care to share any images that they took during the trip that I might be able to use in the videos please email them to me, Bluechablis@gmail.com Also any photos or raw footage that I have that you want let me know.

13th Annual Delta/Bay Extravaganza - Day 1
https://youtu.be/lLHjriY27q0

Far C'r - 2001 Cdory 22
Bluechablis - 1992 NorSea 27
Quarter Note - 1972 Cris Craft Sloop
Palantir - 1971 31 Mariner Ketch (Far Seer in Elvish)
Aphrodite - 42 Ft Schooner Jay Benford Design
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the video. Just made it worse on me that I missed the trip this year Crying or Very sad
KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
Bluechablis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have completed Day 2 of the trip. The summaries and links to follow

A 5 day adventure tour starts in the Sacramento River Delta with a pack of C-Dory owners. For the next 155 nmi we travel to Wheeler Island, up the Petaluma River to Petaluma, over to Sausalito and then the South Bay Marina in San Francisco before we return to our starting point.

Day 1 Section shows our adventure team leaving Delta Marina in Rio Vista and arriving at our first destination Wheeler Island where our hosts, John and Robbin on Dinner Belle II, have a wonderful dinner planned. Since there is limited space on the dock our gaggle of C-Dorys must navigate a shallow entrance and tie up 3 abreast on the small dock. A great time is had by all!

Day 2 Section - We do some fishing in the incredible Wheeler Island morning light before we head out across San Pablo Bay, still as a lake, for the Petaluma River Entrance. Traveling up the river to Petaluma takes us through the largest natural salt marsh in San Pablo Bay covering 5000 acres. We have to make it to the drawbridge by 2pm for our scheduled opening. We make it in plenty of time and tie up on the public docks in the town center. Joel and Nathan on SEA3PO have a special evening planned for us at their friends Victorian house just a short walk away.

https://youtu.be/g3XrRTIxm8I
Bluechablis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have completed Day 3 of the trip. The summaries and links to follow

A 5 day adventure tour starts in the Sacramento River Delta with a pack of C-Dory owners. For the next 155 nmi we travel to Wheeler Island, up the Petaluma River to Petaluma, over to Sausalito and then the South Bay Marina in San Francisco before we return to our starting point.

Day 1 Section shows our adventure team leaving Delta Marina in Rio Vista and arriving at our first destination Wheeler Island where our hosts, John and Robbin on Dinner Belle II, have a wonderful dinner planned. Since there is limited space on the dock our gaggle of C-Dorys must navigate a shallow entrance and tie up 3 abreast on the small dock. A great time is had by all!

Day 2 Section - We do some fishing in the incredible Wheeler Island morning light before we head out across San Pablo Bay, still as a lake, for the Petaluma River Entrance. Traveling up the river to Petaluma takes us through the largest natural salt marsh in San Pablo Bay covering 5000 acres. We have to make it to the drawbridge by 2pm for our scheduled opening. We make it in plenty of time and tie up on the public docks in the town center. Joel and Nathan on SEA3PO have a special evening planned for us at their friends Victorian house just a short walk away.

Day 3 Section - Petaluma to Sausalito - Our new friends in Petaluma come down to see the group depart for Sausalito. We have a hydraulic steering leak, thanks again to Doug and John for getting us some fluid. At the mouth of the Petaluma River we break through the overcast and into a beautiful day coming through the pass at Angel Island and into Sausalito with a beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge.

https://youtu.be/vsEgi9B6jfs
Bluechablis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have completed Day 4 of the trip. The summaries and links to follow

Day 3 Section - Petaluma to Sausalito - Our new friends in Petaluma come down to see the group depart for Sausalito. We have a hydraulic steering leak, thanks again to Doug and John for getting us some fluid. At the mouth of the Petaluma River we break through the overcast and into a beautiful day coming through the pass at Angel Island and into Sausalito with a beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Day 4 Section - We spend the morning visiting the boatyard where they are building this wonderful Tall Ship called the Matthew Turner. Later we head out and explore Angel Island, pass by Alcatraz, and then under the Bay Bridge we arrive at the South Bay Marina in San Francisco. We take a walking tour to the Ferry Building and run into a giggle of Salsa Dancers. Later in the evening we all jump in to taxi cabs and have an incredible and edible dinner at the Espetus Churrascara, a brazilian steakhouse, as a treat from David on Blue Eagle.

https://youtu.be/IddiF568WK4
Bluechablis

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have completed Day 5 of this adventure, a link to the whole playlist is included below.

Day 4 Section - We spend the morning visiting the boatyard where they are building this wonderful Tall Ship called the Matthew Turner. Later we head out and explore Angel Island, pass by Alcatraz, and then under the Bay Bridge we arrive at the South Bay Marina in San Francisco. We take a walking tour to the Ferry Building and run into a giggle of Salsa Dancers. Later in the evening we all jump in to taxi cabs and have an incredible and edible dinner at the Espetus Churrascara, a brazilian steakhouse, as a treat from David on Blue Eagle.

https://youtu.be/IddiF568WK4

Day 5 Section - Up with the sun for our return trip to Rio Vista. The City is bathed in early morning light as we ride into the rising sun back to the real world. A quick recap of the last 5 days of our adventure that will stay in our memories forever. Many thanks to all that made this trip possible and all the people who have come together to share the experience.

https://youtu.be/jJFUBu1jU2U

Playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIrx4PZy6ioHdy2UjFsyFr8MOOYCuvCqB
Pedromo

City/Region: Oxnard
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: C-Casa
Photos: C-Casa
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work.
Thank You for sharing. Say hello to Bernie for me
Cheers,
Pedro
Jim Gibson

City/Region: Sacramento
C-Dory Year: 1998
Vessel Name: Pounder
Photos: Pounder
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Floyd.

I feel as if I have been on an epic biblical journey. I have relived every hour of every day of the past five day Bay and Delta Extravaganza trip.

Then I went back and looked at your documentary of the 2014 trip to see how they compare. Better weather and better food in 2015. I am exhausted from my viewings!

Thank you for your labor of love and videography enthusiasm. Please come to Catalina and complete the story!

Jim & Kath

Jim Gibson

City/Region: Sacramento
C-Dory Year: 1998
Vessel Name: Pounder
Photos: Pounder
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd.

I looked at your videos again! Quite addictive.

I like the Day 5 presentation best with the management summary of the entire trip. It is neat how you supper-imposed the map with the pictures. I cannot believe how beautiful the weather was in March!

Thanks again Floyd for your documentation. If anyone new wants to go on this Extravaganza in the future they will have a good preview with these videos.

Best,
Jim & Kath
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd and Eiko,

Someone posted a question regarding a 2016 Delta Cruise and I went back and looked this thread up to see what it was all about and found your links to the video, AND then I watched them for the whole set. Really nice work. Great photo documentation, and interesting effects. Hope there is another one this year and that the scheduling can work out.

I linked the thread for the 2015 cruise to the new thread so maybe you'll be getting some more hits on the UTube movies.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Bluechablis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Harvey

This is such a great adventure and it is what having a boat is all about!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: