The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Helio Shower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennharriet

City/Region: Grangeville
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lochsa
Photos: Lochsa
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Helio Shower Reply with quote

Bought one of these to try out this weekend at REI. i'm not sure it is worth $100 compared to various solar showers, but it does work as advertised. Two people could take a comfortable shower with it. It seems to be very durable. Ken

http://www.nemoequipment.com/product/?p=Helio+Pressure+Shower+%28Grey%29
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a dry bag with the water on the inside. You might be able to make one with a dry bag, a kitchen spray hose, a dinghy foot pump, and a few other bits.

Might have to try making one once my C-Dory to do list gets a lot shorter.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a "Sun Shower", which has a foot air pump, and a bladder which compresses to put pressure on the water part of the system, Works fine-- either as a gravity flow, or foot pressure bag. I believe it is about 4 gallons

I'll take some photos when I get home. We have 3 sunshowers--one is small--about 2 quarts, one about 2 gallons and the larger one.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to be well thought out. I like how compact it is folded up. The one thing I don't like about my pressure sprayer is I'm always looking for a good place to get it out of the way. Lots of different ways to get the job done. I'm trying the Simple Shower next to see how that works.

South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question; I'm not trying to get too graphic BUT! Where are you guys using these portable showers? On the boat? On the beach? At a parking lot of a camping ground? Just curious.
I had a solar shower when I was camping during my motorcycle track day events. It was a PITA because I had to find a good, strong place to hang it.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use our sun shower mostly on the swim step of the 22. We have also used it on the beach, and even at Powell, as a last rinse off with warmer water. Put on the cabin top, or change from Bimini bows. The smallest is a squeeze bag.
breausaw

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
Vessel Name: Triple J
Photos: Triple J
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice unit but still loving my Big Kahuna. The nazol shoots a fine spray about 8 feet, the 4.7 gallon lasts for days. Great for a shower or whatever. One of my favorite uses is rinsing the salt off the windows, just give them a good dousing and let air dry. If you use rainx glass cleaner there is virtually no streaking. I have Scooty outlets so just wired on a Scotty plug.
http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Big-Kahuna-4.7-Gallon-Portable-Shower/10226965/product.htmlhttp://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Big-Kahuna-4.7-Gallon-Portable-Shower/10226965/product.html

2007 22ft C-Dory Triple J 2007-2012
2007 25ft C-Dory Triple J 2012-2018
Boatless for now but looking
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

breausaw wrote:
Looks like a nice unit but still loving my Big Kahuna. The nazol shoots a fine spray about 8 feet, the 4.7 gallon lasts for days. Great for a shower or whatever. One of my favorite uses is rinsing the salt off the windows, just give them a good dousing and let air dry. If you use rainx glass cleaner there is virtually no streaking. I have Scooty outlets so just wired on a Scotty plug.
http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Big-Kahuna-4.7-Gallon-Portable-Shower/10226965/product.htmlhttp://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Big-Kahuna-4.7-Gallon-Portable-Shower/10226965/product.html

Hmm, okay. This thread is interesting because my old camping solar shower was basically just a plastic bag that depended on gravity to use it. That's why I hated it; although when you're camping any shower is a good thing. Lol.

I think the Helio and Kahuna are cool because they hold more volume and have decent water pressure AND aren't gravity dependent. I like it! I'll keep researching and decide on one. As of now I'm leaning towards the Helio.
jimicliff

City/Region: Mount Dora
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Ocklawaha Queen
Photos: Ocklawaha Queen
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned about this shower on this sight, its the "Simple Shower" Amazon of course, its a one liter bottle arragement. The only issue I found was going to my grocery store and finding a bottle to match the threads for the simple shower head. At $19.95 and the amount of space it takes up, it's made for a 16. My boat with the simple shower and a dozen or so other small and efficent devices is truly a Swiss Knife.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Simple Shower screws on to a TWO liter soda bottle perfectly. We have one, and Patty has used it for hair washing a few time. But because you have to pour the water out through the spray head, it is a little bit limited, since water does not flow UP! Some kind of pressure nozzle seems pretty iportant. We are thinking the Helio really does look like the cat's meow...

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We like our $10 solar showers. I tie them down on the bow during the day to heat up. Then when we want to use them, I position them on the roof just in front of the main entry way door and we shower on the cockpit. With our clothesline tied down the sides of the boat between the top roof grab rail and the aft line cleats, with towels or clothes hanging, (and the curtains drawn in the cabin,) as long as nobody is behind us, we are pretty much shielded from others around. I have two bags, but my wife and I are both able to take a decent shower with one bag, and still have a little bit of water left over. Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: