The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2015 Chesapeake Bay Pocket Yacht Rendezvous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lone Star Ranger

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
Vessel Name: Lone Star Ranger II
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: 2015 Chesapeake Bay Pocket Yacht Rendezvous Reply with quote

SAVE THE DATE EVERYONE...the 2015 CBPYR will take place June 5-7 at Haven Harbour Marina in Rock Hall, Maryland. This will be our 4th year to hold the event, inviting owners of C-Dories, Ranger Tugs and Cutwates. The registration fee to attend will be $75/boat or couple if arriving by land. This year’s theme is “Pirates of the Chesapeake”. Since Rock Hall is the home to “Pirates and Wenches” in August, we thought this would be a great way to kick off the summer. So matey's, grab your pirate hat and eye patch and come out and enjoy the weekend with fellow Ranger Tugs, Cutwaters and C-Dories.

Tentative events include a Friday evening potluck appetizer get together, Saturday morning potluck breakfast followed by a few seminars, free time in the afternoon to explore Rock Hall, a pirate/wench costume contest Saturday night before a great catered dinner, a Sunday morning catered breakfast, seminar and awards. Categories for the awards include best pirate costume, best wench costume, best pirate themed boat decorations, plus a few more to be named!

To get ideas about Pirate/Wench costumes, look into Etsy, Pinterest, Amazon, etc.

We are still solidifying our weekend events, so as more information becomes available, I will update this announcement. If you plan on attending or have any questions, feel free to contact me at jtgarcia26@gmail.com.

Last year we were challenged by Andrew to have 30 boats at this year’s rendezvous, so let’s show him that we can do it…what say ye, me Hartey’s???

“Yo-ho, Yo-ho, a Pirate’s life for me…” Very Happy

John and Tracey Garcia
Alexandria, VA
2016 R-31 - Lone Star Ranger
RobMcClain

City/Region: Summerlin, NV
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We attended the Chesapeake Bay Rendezvous last year while boating up the East Coast and had a very fun time. Of course, almost anytime with a bunch of boaters is fun. While the bulk of boats in attendance were Ranger Tugs, followed by some Cutwaters, there was also a fun smattering of C-Dorys in attendance. We were docked next to a cute red hull Tug, an R-25 classic, and what truly amazed us was the size difference. While only 2 feet in length, looking at the photos of our boats together made our Venture 23 look like a pool toy. I know a couple of feet can mean quite a lot in boat design but it was pretty funny to see the profound difference. We had a wonderful time at the gathering last year and maybe will attend in another few years if we tow eastward again. We love our Venture and the unlimited possibilities a trailerable boat allows!

Rob
Lone Star Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob for posting your experience with us from last year. As much fun as we had, I think this year is going to be better. I'm sorry to hear you can't make it, but hopefully you'll find yourself in the Chesapeake Bay, and if you do, give us a shout and maybe we can meet up at a Crab Shack or Tiki Bar. Wink

For those that don't know, we have always invited our C-Dory friends to participate in our rendezvous, and this year is no different. So please check your calendars and hopefully we can meet up with you at Rock Hall. It should be one of our best rendezvous yet.
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobMcClain wrote:
We attended the Chesapeake Bay Rendezvous last year while boating up the East Coast and had a very fun time. Of course, almost anytime with a bunch of boaters is fun. While the bulk of boats in attendance were Ranger Tugs, followed by some Cutwaters, there was also a fun smattering of C-Dorys in attendance. We were docked next to a cute red hull Tug, an R-25 classic, and what truly amazed us was the size difference. While only 2 feet in length, looking at the photos of our boats together made our Venture 23 look like a pool toy. I know a couple of feet can mean quite a lot in boat design but it was pretty funny to see the profound difference. We had a wonderful time at the gathering last year and maybe will attend in another few years if we tow eastward again. We love our Venture and the unlimited possibilities a trailerable boat allows!

Rob

Here's that photo of the the Ranger 25 Tug & the Venture 23 together:

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Lone Star Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great pic Rob, thanks for sharing.
Lone Star Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update everyone on our Rendezvous in June. We have 11 boats who have committed in attending, and two possible attendees. These are all Cutwater and Ranger Tug boats, but there are no C-Dories (yet). Crying or Very sad

So, where are all the C-Dories in the Chesapeake Bay area??? Don't miss out on a fun filled weekend with fellow boaters.

If you are interested in attending, or just want some additional information, please send me a message, or just reply to this posting. Very Happy

John
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: 2015 Chesapeake Bay Pocket Yacht Rendezvous Reply with quote

Lone,
I was wondering what do you have planned in the way of events. The pirates and wench thing sounds fun but besides the food end of things is there anything in the way of information or seminars going to occur or a late model boat or boats on display. Any cruising around planned?
D.D.

Lone Star Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.D.

We are still trying to formulate the seminars for the weekend, but I can tell you that we will try to have topics that will help everyone in attendance. In the past four years we’ve had a range of topics. From diesel marine engines, the importance of having an AIS, traveling the intercostal waterway, to having the authors of “Crab Decks and Tiki Bars of the Chesapeake Bay” to discuss their books and how it can be a useful resource for a weekend getaway. Our sponsor is currently working this year’s topics, but if you have one, I’ll take any recommendations.

We don’t bring any boats on display, but we will have a “Boat Crawl”. Where everyone likes to invite others into their boats to see how/what modifications have been made. C-Dories are usually a big hit, since some of our owners haven’t seen one before. Our sponsor (Pocket Yacht) will usually bring a boat from his yard that isn’t represented from the reservation list.

We try to keep the weekend very informal in the way of structure, so we have personal time for folks to get out and see the town. For some, it may be their first time at Rock Hall, so we have Saturday afternoon for folks to use a bike or use the shuttle to go out, have lunch, and see Rock Hall. Others like to take their boat out for a quick cruise, but it’s usually quick and spontaneous since we are only there for the weekend.

This year, we will have two couples who are Coast Guard Auxiliary members who can conduct vessel safety checks on our boats and provide us with a safety decal.

At the end, we have a survey, to capture what was good and what wasn't. The one thing that is constant, is that everyone enjoyed the weekend and the camaraderie with other boat owners.

I hope this was helpful. If you would like, please send me an email at jtgarcia26@gmail.com and I can add you to the list, so as we get more information or plans start to solidify, I can include you as well. Unless you tell me you are attending, I’ll just have you done as a maybe.

Regards,
John Garcia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: