The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

on-target!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redƒox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: on-target!! Reply with quote

......Hey Exclamation I thought this was appropriate for the safety forum... my bilge-upgrade Exclamation Surprised

Throw-on-a-fresh-pair-a-panny's and have a looksee Smile :

http://www.msnusers.com/SoundDreams/boatprojectsredfox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=512

The stuff of nightmares; being swamped in a winter-downpour, out in the PW Sound (or anywhere it rains "cats and dogs" Rolling Eyes through-the-night, in a non-self-bailing-boat Embarrased .... think about it. Could happen Idea Crook

Not just in dead-winter (Dec' through Feb') I've spent nights where I swear it rained a whole foot, from hitting-the-sack in the nice cozy-warm-V-Berth, to early morning
Exclamation Exclamation Xmas Eek
flagold

City/Region: Abbeville
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Dawg-E
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good stuff -- and was the first thing I did when I got my boat. Almost identical to what you did except I used one 1200 gph pump wired direct with a fuse so no matter what is done with the panel switch, there is always a live bilge-pump.

I sleep well . . .
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a nice looking install job there Greg, yup, me too thinks a bonus bilge is a fine thing. I used to ponder how the factory pump would handle it if a big one bit me in the stern, so I also stuck the bigger Rule in the stern and wired it direct. I still don't sleep very good but that may be do to the beans.
Redƒox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Laughing sumpin we have in common Ken Embarassed Shocked
were them thar beans musical, or did they just toot Xmas LOL

Guy with the single bilge... Confused better straiten-out and add another----pronto Xmas Naughty Laughing

I guess it might be paranoia layin there thinkin about taking an ice-cold plunge into the night just when the bears are out roaming the shores Smile you know them basterds eat you alive... they don't kill first, there just a big-ol-hog in cute fuzzy disguise Neutral

All-in-all... I think the redundancy at night in a downpour is needed mostly on the Classic and Angler models, that have no cockpit cover Exclamation

Since were going to be here through the winter, I'm taking baby into shop and finally getting her hardtop built Thumbs Up got my new ultra-high-tech TIG machine finally Disgust now I'm gonna go-ta-town Love Idea end some of my 'paranoia' about getting swamped in them torrential downpours at night Rainbow

Oh: I think old Roger on the Sensei beat me to the project, but I had the idea to do it years ago... when I saw his work on his old Baby.... that was motivatin enough to finally get it done to my Baby Wink
flagold

City/Region: Abbeville
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: C-Dawg-E
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't think of not having 2, Red. I've got the factory excuse for a bilge pump in the cabin and installed the real bilge pump in the bilge where it belongs . . .
Stuberg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Amazing! Reply with quote

I'm new to C-Dory boats and I'm wondering how you travel through ice you can walk on. Am I missing something?

Robert
Redƒox

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the ice you can walk on; farthest traveled was about 100-yards, that was back in the days I had a friend to go visit year-round in the sound. Ice on that winter day (in the lagoon) was 2 inches thick, super-duper-solid... had to bust-through in steps.

Idea Let her climb on-top, wait till she broke it with her "tonnage" Laughing AKA weight Disgust Surprised then throttle-up and repeat the process! The old Classics (maybe even the new C-Dorys) make a pretty good "ice breaker" with that sharp dory bow, and the brass guard up there Thumbs Up Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Boating Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: