The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Choice of Electric over hydraulic actuator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
journey on

City/Region: Valley Centre
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: journey on
Photos: Journey On
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,
I can see why you bought the kit. And if I want to buy discs for my old Chevvie, they all come from China. So be it. Just as a matter of curiosity, is the controller marked "China"?

As for the Sephia disk pads, I bought a E-Z Loader trailer with a 25' Catalina sailboat in the mid-80's. It came (at added cost) with a set of disk brakes, since I think disk brakes are the best technological advance yet.. They wore out as they were too small. When I called the E-Z Loader factory for parts, they said that those were from a Renault and gave the opinion that they were for people who had too much money. As we were going to take the boat to Mexico, I changed over to drum brakes (ouch) and everything went well. I just don't understand why someone in the brake business would use brakes from a small car on a heavy trailer.

When I bought the present E-Z Loader trailer I asked them where they got their brakes and how big they were. At the time I was told they used Chevvie 1/2 ton truck pads. I'm not sure if that is true, but they're just as big and work well.

Good luck going forward.

Boris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: