View previous topic :: View next topic  
potter water

City/Region: Logan
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: R-21 Tug
Vessel Name: Poopsy
Photos: Still C-razy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Still Crazy is looking for a new home Reply with quote

After 6 great seasons on Still C-razy, we've been forced to come to grips with health and family issues that will keep us off the water for more than a day or two a couple times a year. Our 22 cruiser is just way more boat than we will need for the duration. So, sadly, it is for sale.

We are in no hurry and thought about waiting until spring to list it, but since we are on that path, I thought I might as well get it listed now. There are plenty of photos in our gallery that you can see by clicking on still c-razy. In the window to the left. I'll also try to figure out how to get this into the "for sale" part of the site.

This is a 2006 boat in very good condition and is equipped about as premium as this model can be. It is equipped the same as when it left the dealer in 2006. It spent about one year or so in Florida. I don't know how much salt water time it saw. Since that time it has only been on fresh water lakes in the inter-mountain west. Mostly Lake Powell, Flaming Gorge, Yellowstone, Jackson Lake and the like.

Starting on the outside of the boat:

Hull is in very good condition including stripes with the exception of oxidation along the eyebrow at the front of the cabin. It does polish out just fine.

Engines are twin 50 hp Suzuki's with about 350 hours on each. Hydraulic trim and tilt of course. They come with spare aluminum props pitched a bit too high for our altitude but the props that are on the engines are pitched correctly for 4000 plus feet. Cosmetically the engines are in very good condition and buff up nice and bright. They have been properly winterized every year before storage.

Hydraulic trim tabs work properly and I'm convinced I wouldn't have this type boat without them.

All stainless railings are in very good condition.

Lewmar 700 windlass works properly and has matched bow anchor and rode.

High radar arch.

Removable boarding ladder that can be used on port or starboard sides.

Bimini in good condition.

I added a full camper back that has full sun blockage shades, or if desired, they roll up and reveal either clear window or bug screen as you wish. It is in excellent condition.

Anchor and running lights are LED, side clearance lights are incandescent.

Arch mounted VHF shakespear antenna.

Hull looks very good with the dark red stripes. There is some very light scratching in a few spots in the red from typical contacts you get when you use these boats. You have to be within a foot or two to notice this level of scratches.

Rub rail is in good condition.

Bottom of the bow has some scratching in the dark red hull from beaching, but nothing that goes through the gell coat. Only seen when on the trailer, but not "eye catching."

Port and starboard self parking electric windshield wipers in very good condition.

Middle opening window.

Both sliding windows are in good condition and slide properly in their grooves. They also have sliding bug screens in place.

There are stainless rocket launchers on the radar arch, and there are fishing pole holders embedded in the top of the port and starboard gunnels.

Cockpit:

Splash well has fuel water separator mounted on the starboard side along with the rotary fuel tank switch for right/left tank or off. Properly marked.

Two factory poly fuel tanks hold about 50 gallons. Tank fuel level is visually monitored through factory cut out "race track" openings in the trim piece below the forward edge of the splash well.

Cabin door is full length glass with the fancy European stainless entry lock.

There is some cracking in the fillet caulk material between the door sill and the forward part of the FLAT cockpit floor. There have been many discussions about this issue on these boats, but it is only cosmetic and it could be re-caulked, but I see no point in it.

This model year boat has the built in "step down" step in the port and starboard sides of the boat.

Flat floor in cockpit has the same non-slip that is every where else on the boat. It is the molded in diamond type non slip.

Lazarettes have-port side port engine start battery-starboard side has the starboard engine start battery and the very expensive multi-battery management system. The house battery is located between the two fuel tanks along with the trim tab hydraulics and the bilge pump. (All the batteries are charged from the engines or from the on-board 3 bay charger mounted under the sink. Shore power connection is on the starboard forward part of the cockpit.

Cabin:

The cabin is equipped with the KISS single burner butane stove in very good condition. Stainless sink with pressure water system.
SPECIAL NOTE: The water system as it comes from the factory is really poor in my estimation and for our purposes. I've removed the totally space wasting factory water tank from under the port rear dinette seat. I've replaced that with from one to three 5 gallon containers for fresh water that sit under the area below the stainless sink. That way, I can assure that I'm carrying no more water than I need for any given trip. And, having been poisoned by a "treated fresh water system," on another person's boat, I'm much happier being able to see into these portable water containers and take them into the house for inspection and treating. I don't like fresh water from buried fresh water tanks on boats. I have the original tank and mounts and plumbing and will send them along with the boat, or if you prefer, I can also restore the original foot pump. I also added a higher sink spigot and valve to use with the fresh water so you can actually get a dish or pot under the spigot and get water into it.

I've improved the bunk conversion system that allows you to transform the dinette into a single port side bunk so that it better supports the dinette table when in the down position.

This model year has the convertible co-pilot seat that moves from aft facing for use with the dinette or forward facing for cruising.

Helm has dual motor and tilt controls, anchor windlass control, trim tab control, hydraulic steering, Raytheon c-80 radar, depth finder, chart plotter (with inland water ways charts installed) DSC compatible VHF. A very nice fully integrated system in very good condition.

New, never used porta potti will be included in sale.

All interior fabric is in good to excellent condition.

All interior lighting is LED.

Interior is basically the way it came from the factory. Utility, but a nice utility. We've not gone crazy with customizing for fishing rod holders and plate holders and barometers, etc. We probably would if we were keeping the boat in the water somewhere where we could use it year round.

Other than naming the exterior of the boat, this boat looks like a top of the line equipped boat that you might order from a dealer.

I've drilled no holes in the boat since I've owned it.

The trailer is all aluminum Magic Tilt. The tires are 5 years old and in excellent condition, but they are at that shelf life age that we all start worrying about. I would run them another season or two considering that I always trailer between 200 and 500 miles. If it was back and forth a few miles to the marina, I'd keep these tires several more seasons. The magic tilt trailer in very good condition with torsion suspension and surge brakes. I've always towed this boat with a three quarter ton tow vehicle in very high mountains and have never had concern for the disk surge brakes being able to handle the boat. There is a spare tire mounted on a complete hub and bearing assembly.

Price for this boat is very reasonable as I look at the other boats and compare the condition and equipment listed in the "for sale" part of the site.

NOTE: I will consider boat trades for smaller day boating type boats. Oh, we are keeping the name "Still C-razy."

Well, that is enough. If you have other specific questions, you can call or text me at 435 757 7695 or e-mail me at hames57@gmail.com.

Never let ignorance interfere with an opportunity to state a knowledgeable opinion

Testosterone Tales-Amazon.com

2006 C-Dory 22 Cruiser 2008-2014
1997 Ranger Tug 21 Classic 2016

KG7RC
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry, say it ain't so!

Well, glad we got to meet you guys and spend a little with you at Powell, anyway!

Best of luck in whatever life sends your way next!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

C-Val

City/Region: White Rock
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Seaduced
Photos: C-Val
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't see the price in your post. Did I just miss it?
1988 22' Angler
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the sale--great boat--when you sell the boat, stick around!
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry,

What ever the health issue is, Diana and send our best for a complete and speedy recovery.

Like Bob said, do stick with the group.

Steve

potter water

City/Region: Logan
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: R-21 Tug
Vessel Name: Poopsy
Photos: Still C-razy
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apparently left out a price on Still C-razy.

$44,900.00.

Seems about right for the boat when I compare equivalents. Hard to find exact equivalents, but that's where I need to be.

I'll still be doing some boating but maybe in a smaller scale less capable craft. If it doesn't sell at a reasonable price, I'll hang on to it and see where health goes over the next year. Fortunately I don't have financial pressures to get it sold at fire sale prices.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry,

Sure hope the health issues resolve early and fully. Nice description of Still C-razy. I always get a warm feeling when I see your posts, so hope you stick around here for a long time. I spent 12 years working in Logan and still have good friends there so every time I see your post, I have good memories from there.

Hope the sales goes the way you want. your boat looks great -- right color and TWINS --> there is a bonus.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: