The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

09/19 - 09/21 - 8th Annual NC gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathryn

City/Region: Hampden-Sydney/Farmville,VA
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kathryn
Photos: Kathryn
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Not coming after all Reply with quote

Embarassed
I should have waited to say we were coming.
The overwhelmed son with new baby had a conference this weekend, so I knew we weren't needed up there. However, he just called to say the conference had been cancelled and they are coming here instead! Wonderful, but no C-Dory weekend for us.

NEXT YEAR!
Jackie (& Bob)

Munchkin

City/Region: Washington
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2010
Vessel Name: Munchkin
Photos: Munchkin
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: 8th annual NC gathering Reply with quote

Jackie and Bob. We will miss you two this year. Have a great time with the new baby!!!

Erma
Munchkin

Munchkin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: 8th annual NC Gathering Reply with quote

This post is for Janet of Muse.

Please due come and join us. Bring what ever you want to the Pot Luck on Friday evening. (around 5:30 pm) I emailed, but was not sure it would reach you. We are looking forward to seeing you.

Erma
Munchkin
billtwymank

City/Region: Pinehurst - New Bern, NC
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Lady KC
Photos: Lady KC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Many Thanks for a great weekend Reply with quote

Many thanks to Erma and Ernie for organizing the NC Gathering again this year.

And...... a special thanks to both Carrie and Gene (Mobile East Marine) for all of the food and hospitality on Saturday night.

I know the weather didn't cooperate fully but it was great to just rock a spell on the deck of Whittaker Pointe Marina in Oriental, NC.

Lady KC had a good run back up the Neuse River to New Bern, but hit some 3 footers when we got up to the Fairfield Harbor area, but nothing like the Thursday run down to Oriental.

We pray that everyone made it home safe and sound.

schiavolou

City/Region: Wilton Creek, VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Skimmer
Photos: Skimmer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please add my thanks to Erma and Ernie, Carrie and Gene for a fun event. We did miss the run down to Beaufort, but had had plenty of excitement getting from Belhaven to Whittaker Point.

On Sunday, when we moved down to the ramp we saw that the Sound had settled down enough that we could have motored back to Belhaven pretty comfortably, but by then the vehicles were in Oriental. Oh well...

And of course by the time I got Skimmer back to her homeport, it was sunny and the Bay was "FAC."

Thanks again. Looking forward to the next C-Brats adventure.

Pandy Girl

City/Region: Westfield, NC
Vessel Name: Pandy Girl
Photos: Pandy Girl
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We want to send our thanks to everyone as said above. Made it home safe, the truck started missing after a fill up on fuel, will change the fuel filter today, hope that is the problem. Jim & Sandy
nmitch2859

City/Region: virginiabeach
Vessel Name: Delfin
Photos: Delfin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To All, I did make it home safe. No trouble on the way. Erma, Thanks for organizing the trip. I did take some pictures, they are in Delfin,s photos. thanks for the t-shirts . Neal & Jeanne
billtwymank

City/Region: Pinehurst - New Bern, NC
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Lady KC
Photos: Lady KC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Posted 2014 NC Gathering Pictures Reply with quote

for some reason I can not put these pictures in a
C-Dory 2014 NC Gathering photo file........
but......
my two pictures can be seen under the Lady KC album.

(Page 17 of C-Dory Photos under Lady KC)

maybe someone can cut and paste them to the proper gathering file.
Delphinus

City/Region: Philadelphia
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Dori Den
Photos: Dori-Den
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Message to Sea Quest Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I hope you will please forgive my intrusion, but I just want to say hi to Dick and Suzanne of Sea Quest Smile

Last Sunday, my wife and I were heading back to PA, from Williamsburg, VA, by way of the Delmarva Peninsula. Just after entering Maryland (i.e., heading north on Rt13), we got very excited when we saw another C-Dory for the first time all season. It was Sea Quest! I must apologize to Dick and Suzanne if we seemed a bit crazy. The abnormally excited couple, in the silver Toyota Prius, who honked and gave you thumbs-up, was us. We were just so happy to see your lovely Sea Quest!

Sounds like NC was a lot of fun. Maybe someday my wife, Daryl, and I will be able to join you Smile

Very best regards and wishes to all,

Sincerely,
Gerry
“Dori Den”

Munchkin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: 8th annual nc gathering Reply with quote

Hello all,
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a nice easy Carolina week-end. I know some folks might have been a little disappointed about the weather and the Saturday trip and I am sorry that we did not go as well. I still had a great time. The fellowship and food were wonderful. The Marina continues to have spectacular views and their hospitality to us year after year can't be beat. I so enjoyed meeting new folks and spending time with friends.

Jim and Sandy, Thanks for your help as always. We love spending time with you both. The pepper jam was so good. Thanks for the rocks and the wonderful stories from your big adventure. Jim you got me with your phone joke... oh the paybacks!!
Dick and Suzanne, year after year we learn from your boating wisdom and company. We hope to see you on your return trip south.

Billy and Karan. Billy great stories on Thursday night You have had an interesting life. Karan your chili and cake were to die for.

Lou and Bob we enjoy every trip we have with you guys. Yes Bob we do!!

Neal it was good to see you I am sorry it was such a short trip and long drive for you.

Don and Melanie, , It was good meeting you both. Enjoy your new boat We hope to see you on the water soon.

Ray and Lisa, We hope the rest of your trip was fun. Hope to see you on the river sometime. Come on down to Washington

Janet, It was nice to see you again. I hope we see you on the water sometime.

Erma
Munchkin
Ray

City/Region: Pamlico River
Vessel Name: Seaweed
Photos: Seaweed
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Erma and Ernie both for setting up the gathering and for the invitation!! We wished we could have stayed longer (and probably should have)!

Getting down to Beaufort was no problem. The skies portended the remainder of our vacation/cruise, however....

We're back at Pamlico Beach now. Weather just WOULD NOT cooperate. We came back from Morehead City yesterday and got here around lunch time. 7 days on the boat and there were only (I think) two short afternoons that it wasn't raining and windy/cold. Oh, well, we had fun anyway.

As you know, we had a NASTY ride into Oriental to meet up with you guys. The Neuse river really piles up with a NE wind gusting over 20knots. After hammering into 3-4ft chop as we were coming out of the Bay River, we turned and were surfing on sometimes 5ft sets down the Neuse. Quite exciting (and exhausting). I think I put the hydraulic steering system through the equivalent of 10 years of use!

It was nice to finally get tied up behind the breakwater.

When we headed down to Beaufort it was very grey. For the next several days, the weather kept saying it would clear up in the next day or two -- but we always awoke to more rain in the forecast.

With no weather to do anything, we had to eat and drink at restaurants every day for our "entertainment" (oh, darn). Most days we'd get up, find a diner/coffee house for breakfast, then come back and take a nap, fish a bit, decide where to eat for lunch, come back from lunch to watch cheezy downloaded movies on our cheap $100. tablet, walk around in the rain, go out to dinner, come back and go to bed. Repeat.

Tough, stressful couple of days Wink

OK, we did get a couple of breaks on one day and were able to paddle around in Beaufort and ride our folding bikes to the store. We made the obligatory stop at the Watercraft Center.

The adjacent island (Carrot Island) has some wild horses the live there. We were able to paddle our paddleboards over across the channel and see them up close.

There were some MASSIVE private yachts (80-120ft) coming and going the whole time. Made for some interesting viewing from our rain-streaked windows. We stayed in Beaufort 2-1/2 days.

After we exhausted most of the eating establishments in Beaufort and with the promise of no better weather in the next day or so, we moved over to Morehead City. The wind was still strong out of the northeast and it would have made Cape Lookout and Core Sound (our planned route) a giant washing machine in our boat. We stayed at a marina right next to the main port authority.

More of the same in Morehead, eating out at all of the outstanding seafood places, waiting for the rain to stop. One evening it stopped late, just long enough to give us a spectacular sunset at the dock.

Yesterday, we finally gave up on the rain Sad With a lull in the wind, we left early and cruised all the way back to Pamlico Beach in one shot. Was grey and foggy the entire way.

We decided that we've used up our "completely ruined vacation weather" points for this year - so that means only good times ahead!

Thanks again for your gracious hospitality!!!

Ray and Lisa
Larry Patrick

City/Region: Dallas
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea -Jo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice get together. We had hotel reservations way ahead of time ,but had to cancel found out wifes surgery was at same time,she was excited to attend . After 2 trips to Sloan Kettering and months of worrying ,operation went well and hopefully will attend some gatherings next year. I have been taking care of her being her driver and now she is getting back to exercising. So back to future plans for c-dory. Have not been on computer much in last few months.
Munchkin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: 8th annaul NC gathering Reply with quote

Larry, We are so glad to hear things are looking better for your wife. Stay in touch We do a few small gatherings in the somewhat local area each year. Good luck on the hunt for your perfect boat.

Erma
Munchkin
Larry Patrick

City/Region: Dallas
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea -Jo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Erma,wife was excited when we had reservations made and planned on going,when we finally got 2 doctors to give us a date on operation ,it would have been last day of the get together,we had a 10 hr ride ,so had to cancel,thanks for kind words. We still are hoping to join group down the road. We enjoy our camping and all the nice people we meet,we can tell c- brats are the same kind of people we look forward to getting to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: