tcr_pnw

City/Region: Puget Sound
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea Star
Photos: Sea Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of fun this weekend with fantastic October weather!

10-4-14
Saturday we boated 2 fish around the double digits in weight off Picnic Point and lost one. It was slow after that so caught up with the fleet fishing Edmonds/Richmond Beach. I'd never been down there before and water was soooo smooth it was worth the run as a boat ride, Trolled for a bit hooking a shaker but that was about it. Both fish came on Green Glow Hot Spot/Green Glow Spatterback Hootchie. One at 54ft, one at 75ft.

Buddy w/Saturday's Coho

10-5-14
Sunday I ran out with my dad for a quick trip. We'd only been able to fish one other time this year so it was good to get some time in with him. We boated 2 fish before low slack. One was the best fighting fish I think has ever been on my boat. 8-9lb silver that a made run at the beginning like a Chinook that had me thinking we snagged something or hooked somebody's down rigger at first. Rod wasn't bouncing, just bent over with line zipping out. After its run deep, it make 4-5 air shows tail walking across the water before tuckering out and making it in the net. Such a beautiful fish I would have released it had it not been hooked in the gills. We also came close to 2 limits of crab. Winter crabbing always beats summer crabbing. By the time we were heading in around 11, the fog came in thick. Vis was less than 1/8 mile. Glad to have the radar although it doesn't save you from morons without it. Fishing was slower but still good enough to get out. Both fish came on UV Gibbs Red Racer/Purple Haze Hootchie at 90ft.

Dad w/Sunday's Coho

I have the boat in the water through this month so hopefully it stays good enough to scratch out a coho or two each trip through the next couple weeks.
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Troy! Looks like the coho coming through have some size to them. Makes me want to pack the fishing gear back on the boat. Very Happy

Peter
tcr_pnw

City/Region: Puget Sound
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea Star
Photos: Sea Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody been fishing at all?
PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not us. We planned to lgo last weekend but the wind was pretty relentless. I think we're gonna pull the boat out of the marina and get it cleaned up. Kinda sad Cry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: