The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Throttle Control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tug

City/Region: Sault Ste. Marie
State or Province: ON
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Drifter
Photos: Drifter
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Throttle Control Reply with quote

Here's the problem , lately I have noticed that when I am trolling at about 1 MPH . ( 1999 Suzuki DF70 ). my speed will suddenly start to climb. I almost seems that the throttle cable is slipping. I wanted to check if anyone had an idea what the problem might be before I started taking things apart. Thanks Tug
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Throttle Control Reply with quote

Tug wrote:
Here's the problem , lately I have noticed that when I am trolling at about 1 MPH . ( 1999 Suzuki DF70 ). my speed will suddenly start to climb. I almost seems that the throttle cable is slipping. I wanted to check if anyone had an idea what the problem might be before I started taking things apart. Thanks Tug

I'm not familiar with the Suzuki but on most throttle controllers (at the helm), there is a tensioning adjustment that controls how much effort it takes to move the throttle. I'd start there.

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it happen when you are turning? This happens to me sometimes as I turn left but then as I turn back to center or right the motor slows down again. Has to do with the length of the cable.
Tug

City/Region: Sault Ste. Marie
State or Province: ON
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Drifter
Photos: Drifter
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never noticed it doing that when I am turning , mostly in a straight line.It probably is the throttle adjustment/control tensioner. I have had the motor 5-6 years now and as far as maintenance goes the only thing I do is do is the motor winter oil and lube change.I will apply a little grease in the cable connect points and see if I need any throttle adjustments. Thanks for the advice , I will see if this works and post the results. Tug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Outboards and Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: