View previous topic :: View next topic  
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: helm station Reply with quote

a couple of years ago I yarded out the factory seat and built a small drawer in it's place. The drawer was 5" short of being flush with the front of the factory seat platform. I threw a cushion on top of the drawer and enjoyed a better view plus, the ability to scoot back farther away from the steering wheel. This was more better but I was lacking a back rest soooo I got a head rest from an auto seat and modified it so it is positioned over the counter, it makes for a small back rest but it helps. Even with my new elevated position I still craved more leg room. Sooo today when I should have been out on the water enjoying a fine day, I removed the storage compartment under the helm, moved the board that supports the front of the seat platform back 5" and built a new board for a foot rest and mounted it about half as high as the lid on the old storage box was. I think I'm going to like this new set up, I don't have to contort my self to get behing the wheel and have plenty of room for the crazy legs.
Just thought I'd throw this out there, maybe somebody can use it...I'll throw a pic in the album someday

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, this is just what we need. Another guy whining about how the C-Dory engineers don't know how to build a boat. Well, Ken, I am sorry, but why don't you just admit that your butt is too big??

Naw, I was just funnin' ya. I have seen the seat setup on the Blue~C, and it is skookum. The latest fix should solve the last part of the problem for him. It comes standard from the shop as a Coach Class seat, his first modification turned it into Business Class, and the final touch brings it up to First Class standards. Do you get free drinks with that?

B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, I fixed it up to "no class" now, no free drinks but there are those free, hearty, bags of peanuts. I find myself getting shorter and wider as the years roll on, however, the but pad is much smaller than the seat....It's not that the factory didn't do a fine job, it's more that I just can't leave anything alone.
DodgeRam

City/Region: Vancouver Isl. CANADA
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: SeaRam
Photos: SeaRam
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case it is the opposite, my seat should be higher and closer. Is there any pictures of any of you who had customize the seat, or installed a new seat. If I were to install a sliding bracket under my existing seat it should bring it up some and give me some adjustment forward. I did try to find an after market small seat under marine seat and also car and truck seat, but I can not seem to find a small enough seat that will fit. Gary
doc

City/Region: Auke Bay
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Bella Rey
Photos: C-Alaska
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking through the Harley Davidson catalog the other day and had the idea that one of those round bucket style seats with a little back rest might be a cools pilot" seat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: