The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

09/16 - 09/18 - Langley Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello all
I have been busy here on the farm and had lost track of time...lol...
I am thinking that we should try to get something going for this weekend. I will have to bow out for friday evening . I have something on my calendar for that night. Saturday looks good for me. I will try to get to Langley early AM so that we can cruise to the clam beach for those tasty clams and mussels.
as to a boat launch at Langley. there is one there close to the dock but you need a fairly high tide to use it.check the tides for Everett area as that is close to Langley.
There is ample parking to have your van parked there. Bill & Ell parked there truck camper there and stayed in it during their visit .
hopr to see some of you on this weekend

1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
Work Release

City/Region: Everett, Wa.
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Work Release
Photos: Work Release
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Langley Gathering Reply with quote

Roger, I do not see any sign up sheet for this gathering? I'm just getting over a operation on my ankle but would like to make it over to Langley. Where do you go clamming in this area? Looks like low tide on Saturday is about 10:40 am. Perhaps, some Coho might be be making their way in by then.
Jim, Work Release
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you got yerselves a signup list! Sorry. Your photo album is in place, too. It is near the top of the Cruises and Events album list. The discussion title has been changed to the new correct date, and it is on the schedule.
C-Fisher

City/Region: Lake Stevens
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Fisher
Photos: C-Fisher
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do I find the sign up list, Alisa and I should be able to make it out for a day trip at least to meet some of you folks Very Happy .

Wayne
TyBoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Fisher wrote:
Where do I find the sign up list, Alisa and I should be able to make it out for a day trip at least to meet some of you folks Very Happy . Wayne

Well sir, you can just click the link for Event Signups in the list at the top of the page, and then find it in the drop down list. Once you find the one you want, click View Information and then click Join Group to sign up.

Or, you can click this to open the page in a new window and go directly to the Langley event.
C-Fisher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for the info, got confused cause it still has last months dates on it Confused .

Wayne

WoW!! you fixed that quick Smile

Last edited by C-Fisher on Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
TyBoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
got confused cause it still has last months dates on it

Oops.
SENSEI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be in Langley hopefully by 09:00 Saturday morning. we will cruise north to the clam beach for some fun digging butter and steamer clams
just wonderin how many plan on coming out to this?
eieioh

City/Region: Gig Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Brave Heart
Photos: Brave Heart
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this is Evelyn. It is damp and dreary in Gig Harbor this morning. Nevertheless, we are planning to leave here about noon or so and drive to Langley trailering the boat. Should get there so the tide is right to launch this afternoon. Would love to follow you Roger to the clamming beach. Clams and oysters are sea critters that we have actually been successful at "catching". Not as wiley as salmon.
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this is Ruth. Truck and boat are ready to go. We plan to leave here about 4:30AM Saturday morning. Will be launching at Everett. Hopefully we'll be at Langley before you all leave for the clam digging. I'm bringing the dessert (Strawberry-Rhubard pie), that should go well with those clams, huh? See you tomorrow.

Ruth and Joe
R-Matey
C-Fisher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if we can make it now, Sad . We may have time to stop in and say hi.

Wayne and Alisa
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Another Great Feast! Reply with quote

I sure am glad I made it back in time for the Langley Gathering. Led by Roger, everyone put together a wonderful feast of clams, mussels, fresh corn - alnong with chips, bread, and even pie (with whipped cream) for dessert. It was terrific - especially for me 'cause I cheated and skipped the digging - (I did learn de-bearding!) and just joined in on the eatin!

Many of you know Ben, the famous Langley harbormaster, is no longer there. His replacement was fired a couple weeks ago - and accused of putting the cash dock fees in his pocket. So we weren't too surprised when a women came up to us and said she was the acting harbormaster...and requested payment for a picnic fee (in jest of course...this is Langley!) While we were paying off in clams (and mussels), the "real", acting harbormaster also appeared. It was really funny to see her get
caught in the act!

R-Matey, Sensei, Braveheart and Sunfish where all there. Two Lucky Fish was home - still covered in 10 days of dog fur from the Desolation Sound trip- but I drove over. Roger promised to change the sun & moon schedule next time so low tide would occur at a more convenient weekend. Smile

Thanks again!
Mac
SENSEI

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Joe & Ruth on R-Matey, Bill & Evelyn on Braveheart(sorry you didn't get her in the water), Lane on SunFish, and Mac on TwoLuckyFish(boatless) for making this small gathering such a success.

We cruised in on Sat. morning to find R-Matey and sunfish at the dock. we pulled in between them and had a short visit while waiting to see if anyone else was showing. then we (Joe & Ruth, and the Sensei crew )climbed aboard Sensei and cruised North about 15 miles to our favorite beach, where I have dug clams for nigh onto 40 some odd years ,and proceeded to have a good time collecting clams and mussels. then we got back into the boat and had a nice lunch while visiting . then while still anchored we started cleaning and shucking the large butter clams and bagging them and putting in the icechest.
On our return to Langley I gave them a tour of some of the points of interest on Camano Island and then back to Langley.where the women took a stroll up the hill to do a little shopping in town while Joe & I finished cleaning clams. then Mac and Lane and Joe cleaned and debearded the mussels.

Our menu for the evening dinner cosisted of steamed clams & Mussels, corn on the cobb,chicken casserole(very good ) , salad & yummy french bread and chips & salsa.All this topped off with strawberry/rhubarb pie & whipped cream.

As usual there was more food than we could eat so we shared some Mussels with the (ACTING) harbormaster who was collecting a" picnic on the dock fee."...lol.... when the real acting harbormaster (city employee) came up and caught her in the act....lol....a laugh was had by all. She had seen what fun we were having on our dock and had to come over to see what it was all about....lol...

As the sun started to set we set off back to Everett Boat Launch and drive home.
All in all, it was a very good gathering . we had a chance to do some quality visiting and getting to know each other better.Sometimes small is a good thing...lol...
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a wonderful time at Langley this weekend. The Sensei crew took us with them to the clam beds. Hadn't been clam digging since '72 when our boys were little. Had forgotten just how much fun it is and can't wait until we can take the grandsons.

Oh, what a feast we had once we had those clams all cooked up and served up with Roger's fresh corn on the cob, Evelyn and Bill's chicken dish, plus Lane's bread, chips and salsa. There was also a pasta salad that I enjoyed very much and of course, the pie and whipped cream.

One of the highlights of the afternoon was when two people showed up, both claiming they were the new harbormaster. Will the 'real' harbormaster please raise your hand? At present the 'interim' hanrbormaster is Frank Sullivan. A really nice guy.

Thanks to everyone who helped to make this Langley adventure such a fun time.

Ruth & Joe
R-Matey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: