The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Marinaut Storage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Nile

City/Region: Connecticut
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 2012
Vessel Name: Betty Ann
Photos: C-Nile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Marinaut Storage Reply with quote

The storage capacity of our Marinaut is considerable. Keep in mind that we did not cut into the floor span for utilizing that space for storage. So everything you see here was neatly stowed in the standard spaces available.

We emptied our boat for the season, and were stunned at how much stuff we had in our boat. The question that comes to mind is: do we really need everything we had stored on the boat? I'm sure all boat owners have a similar issue. So in the off-season, we will determine what items were not used (other than safety items), which will be slated for removal at the start of next season.

In addition, we thought this would help new owners to make a determination as to what items they would either need or want in a newly procured boat.

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album2001&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may have worked in reverse for me (in regards to culling items) because I saw a few things I now want to add! (Window squeegee looks like a winner.)

Kind of makes me want to do the same (photograph and categorize). Neat idea. And as you say, easy to review in the off-season by looking back at the collage.

And yeah, it's amazing the mountain of stuff that can come out of a boat (or tow vehicle...)

Sunbeam
C-Nile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunbeam,

I bought the squeegee at defender.com, and use it to clean water off of my glass and vinyl windows after a wash down to prevent water spots from forming:

Shurhold Shur-Dry Flexible Water Blade
Easily Molds To Curved Boats And Vehicles
2-3/8" X 12" Long Blade
Flexible Squeegee Works on Contoured Surfaces
Features:
Will not scratch even the most delicate surfaces (perfect for eisenglass)

Rich
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,

Use Startron and Sta-Bil together?

Jake
C-Nile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake wrote:
Rich,

Use Startron and Sta-Bil together?

Jake

Hello Jake,

I ran out of Marine Sta-Bil, had to fill up, so I bought Startron. Now I'm back to using Marne Sta-Bil, which I have had great luck with in carbureted engines. There was a point in transition back to Marine Sta-Bil where both products were in my tanks. No problems encountered, but from now on, all I intend to use is Marine Sta-Bil.

Frankly, with respect to ethanol issues, some of us can only get fuel from marinas. I make sure I only fill up from sources I know, and think this is almost as important as fuel stabilizers.

Rich
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the hose front I have a suggestion,

I really hated carrying a normal stiff hose for water fills so I went with three of these instead. They pack away anywhere and are more durable than I thought they would be. Just buy enough 10ft units to do the job for you and leave them connected or separate them for even easier packing.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/utility-hose-10/8203

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
C-Nile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelia wrote:
On the hose front I have a suggestion,

I really hated carrying a normal stiff hose for water fills so I went with three of these instead. They pack away anywhere and are more durable than I thought they would be. Just buy enough 10ft units to do the job for you and leave them connected or separate them for even easier packing.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/utility-hose-10/8203

Greg

Greg: that is a fantastic product! My hose is 50 feet and takes a lot of space. How long have you had these?

Rich
Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One is 7 years old and two are about 4 years old. It put them away wet and they are all doing fine.
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich-

Will they work with low water pressure, say just a few pounds, such as provided by a submersible dockside pump, or do they require more pressure, like the 40-75 psi typically provided by domestic water systems?

The reason I ask, is I wash down my boats at the lake with a 120 volt submersible water pump that doesn't develop much pressure (centrifugal pump, single stage), developing maybe ~ 1-2-3 psi.

They sell 25 and 50 footers on TV, but I've always been leary of the pressure requirements.

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those hoses do look slick - and having them be "modular" should get around a complaint I had with one of those flat hoses on a reel (50', very compact). That was that in order to use any of the hose (even if you only needed two feet) you had to unroll the whole darned thing - and lay it out flat so no kinks. What a pain that was.
C-Nile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seawolf, Sunbeam,

Actually I don't know anything about the flat hose Greg proposed ( perhaps they should call it, from a marketing perspective, a flose? ) It just looked like it did not take much space, but we do have high pressure in the Northeast, and I do need a hose to handle higher pressure. So it sounds like it would be best to stay with my current, light duty hose.

Thanks,

Rich
Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flat hose is made to handle normal high pressure water service just like a normal hose and in fact that is what deploys the hose for you. The pressure helps it un-kink itself pretty well but in a very low pressure situation as Joe describes you would have to straighten the hose out a bit more yourself. The hose is pretty supple so I think it would work with low pressure reasonable well but would just be more sensitive to kinking. With high pressure filling the hose it actually looks like a normal diameter white hose with a fabric exterior. I always keep a simple spray nozzle on the end to hold the pressure and shape of the hose while in use for filling or cleaning. One could ever use this type for the washdown hose if you didn't like the coiled type.

Greg
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Marinaut Storage Reply with quote

We bought one of these chairs and they fold up small and are easy to store. Might be a wish list item for Xmas. I think you can buy better than $99 if you shop around but this site had a picture of one in it's carrying bag. My wife loves it I sit on the cooler.

http://www.whatshebuys.com/gci-pico-arm-chair.html#.UmrBxr7D_IU
https://www.xhose.com/pro/?mkwid=so3U0zxYj_dc|pcrid|30976037419|pkw|xhose|pmt|e|&gclid=CJG92-TcsroCFUhk7AodVjkAVA
We also switched up our water hose to the ones that are advertised on TV that shrivel up when pressure is relieved. The take up a lot less space and are easy to deploy and seemed to kink less. So far so god on both items.
D.D.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: