The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/15 - 07/17 Blakely Island
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brydman - don't you ever go away from here. No quittin' the C-Brats for you. You are so damn funny, and I don't think you even try to be. I just read three of your posts, and if it was that touchy-feely class that did it to you, I, as a taxpayer, think it was money well spent! Thanks for being a part of this group.

I am still too bummed about missing Blakely to comment or ask anything about it. Maybe later. But thanks so much for all the pictures!

Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacation 2005 is over, we're home safe and sound. Thanks to all that made this such a fun gathering. Fishing with Robbi, following Fred around and listening to Byrdman was a hoot!
After the Blakely gathering we spent the night at Prevost Harbor on Stuart Island with Rock C and Imacunada. Monday we went through customs at Bedwell, then ran up to Silva Bay to spend the night. The next day we crossed the Straight of Georgia to False Creek Harbor in Vancouver B.C. and visited with Helen's 3 sisters for a few days. Thursday morning we got our butts kicked while recrossing Straight of Georgia. There was small craft warnings, but I thought we had a window of opportunity early in the morning.... I was wrong. The further we went towards the mid channel, the worse it got. Six ft. waves coming from what seemed like all directions was not fun. What took 2 hours on the way over took 4 1/2 hours on the way back. That night we spent in Montaque Harbor (sp) and took the famous bus ride to the Hummingbird Pub. Everybody was singing and the bus was a rockin. It was a happening.
The next night we hooked up with Terry and Ann (Rock C) at Ganges and had a great time watching the sun go down from the deck of the local pub. Then it was on to Friday Harbor the next day to meet up with Naknek Casey and wife, more fun than people should be allowed to have.
We got lucky and got to spend the next night at Doe Island, we had the dock all to ourselves. Caught some more bottom fish the next day, then on back to Coronet Bay for our final night before returning home. I'm ready to go back!

Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helen O, Thanks for the trip details. Glad you had a great time. I bet it went way too fast (except for the second crossing of The Straights of Georgia.) Shocked Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
Knotty C

City/Region: Vancouver, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Knotty C
Photos: Knotty C
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. We were so very sad to miss the events. We really wanted to Christen the Knotty C with all the other new boats. Crying or Very sad We couldn't come because we had our annual Helicopter Training for SAR. We had a good time there, but were very aware of what we were missing at Blakely.

We were about three days late as we spent the week in the San Juans but didn't arrive until Tuesday morning. We launched at Cornet Bay and stayed our first night at Blakely. It is such a nice marina, we're hoping we can join the festivities next year.

Sure wish we had known who all was still in the area during the week because we would have made an effort to hook up with you. In fact, we spent Wednesday night at Roche Harbor after a brief stop at Friday Harbor, Thursday at Reid Harbor at Stuart, Friday at Fisherman's Bay on Lopez and Saturday and Sunday nights at Deception Pass Marina in Cornet Bay. We kept our eyes open for other C-Dorys but didn't see anyone we knew.

We did stop by the factory on the way home and got a look at the Tom Cat, but it sure would have been nice to have a ride.

Hope to see some of you at Desolation Sound in September.

Dee
Helen O

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee

Well shoot, if we'd known you were in the neighborhood we would have tracked ya down. Sorry we missed you's.
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engaging wrapup, Larry. You put me right there. (Sans my politics, of course.) But what I want to know is if the satiated sailors leaned left, then right, then left again as they sang their way home from the Hummingbird along the dark, slithering island lane. Betcha yes.

Sorry about the quadraphonic aquatic chamber of fear. Like a relationship, that strait can range from fluffy kitten to saturated cat. I swear, sometimes I think those Canadians are trying to tell us something. Glad you had so much fun and made it home safely.
Rock-C

City/Region: Salem
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Rock-C
Photos: Rock-C
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Home at last Reply with quote

We pulled in about 1:pm on Fri. July 29. We took the long way home. It all started at Blakely with a great weekend. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. A special thanks to Pat & Patty and Pat (Byrdman), Roger and Lizabeth, and all the unnamed Brats that made the potluck one of the best.
We left Blakely Sun. am and meet up with Larry & Hellen of Hellen-O and Jeff & Diane of Imacanada at Stuart Is. Nice hike to the school house, finished off with a mini potluck at the dock. Which I tried to burn down with my charcoal BBQ.
Monday we meet Ann's parents in Anacortes for three days of sight-seeing and whale watching.
Thursday we were at Stuart again, where we spotted Knotty-C. D & D must have been off on a walk as the boat was empty.
Friday we checked in at customs in Bidwell Harbor. Then off to Ganges. All the big yacht from the Seattle YC were there. We were lucky to find space at the dock as the wind was really blowing. Decided to spend another day there because of the weather. The highlight of the visit was running into Larry & Hellen. Ganges would not be a place I recommend. Too big, noisy and expensive.
Sunday we made the short hop over to Montague. This is a place I would highly recommend. We stayed at the public docks on the north end of the harbor. Nice hiking trails. The mandatory bus ride to the Hummingbird Pub for fish & Chips was worth the visit.
Monday (I think, as I lost track of time) we stoped in Conover Cove for breakfast. Nice spot, but we didn't stay long. Then north to Telegraph Harbor for a walk the dog! South around the west side of Saltspring Is with stops in Maple Bay and Genoa Bay. Spent the night on the hook in Mill bay.
Tuesday am off to Tod Inlet and Butchart Gardens.
Wed. we stoped at Sydney Spit for a walk on the beach before checking in with customs at Roch Harbor. Spent the night at Jones Is, one of our favorite spots.
OOPS! I lost a day somewhere. ( Told you I lost track of time ) Oh well.
Thursday morning we decided we had had enough. This having fun is hard work. We headed for Anacortes to pull the boat and head for home.
Sorry if I have rambled on, I tried to hit the high points.

Helen O

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcom home, Terry & Ann

Catman, that bus ride was one of a kind. A mandatory stop for boaters in the Gulf Islands. Thumbs Up
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All together now, in your best Fats Domino impression:

I found my three-o ("thrill" for English speaking folk)
On Blueberry He-o ("Hill")
On Blueberry He-o
When I found you...

Helen O wrote:
Welcom home, Terry & Ann

Catman, that bus ride was one of a kind. A mandatory stop for boaters in the Gulf Islands. Thumbs Up

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Rock-C

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat & Patty
Thanks for the suggestions on places to see in the Gulf Is. All were right on ( Except Ganges....sorry).
We just scratched the surface on places to go.
So many places, so little time.
Rock-C

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff & Diane
The photos of the mall at Stuart Is are great.
Also, tell Cole's dad, Welcome home, and thanks for his service.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, one last shot from Blakely. This is a Pat Byrd photo, I think he gave Oscar a little 'Bama 'que to make him smile. Pat called it "Oscar Comments."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: