The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

La Conner update, important notice read this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: La Conner update, important notice read this Reply with quote

Ok, so ever thought I made a reservation all most a year ago on the phone and called again a couple of months ago, when I went in to the Marina Office today to take care of other business I discovered that the marina office ( under new direction) did not have the C-brats reserved for the weekend of the 28th or any other day for that matter. Shocked Shocked Shocked

So after much talking and panic ( not by me) we do have the dock for the weekend of the 28th but I need all those attending to do a few things.

1) Call the marina at 360-466-3118 and make a reservation as a member of the C-brats group. You can pay them now or when you get there but you have to call now to get a spot.

2) If you have not signed up yet do so now here at the Cbrats. LINK

Susan and I will be getting their friday morning or thursday night.

There is a new Italian restaurant in town that my mother said was very good. I plan to eat there on friday night. If others want to join email me and I will see about a group table.

Saturday I plan to go crabbing ( I always plan on it but don't seem to go) on Don's knotty C. Wink He does not know yet but thats my plan. If any one wants to follow to some local good spots thats great.

Saturday night is dinner. Still working on the BBQ but I will post about that a week before so everyone will know if its cater or a pot luck. Sorry for the late decision but Susans surgery ( shes fine , nothing big ) got in the way of me doing my job as host.

We will not be having prize drawings this year. I was not able to go thru town and guilt, harass or other wise fleece donations from the locals this year.

Sunday morning is just un organized breakfast at the place in town again if any one wants to follow us up. They will just not take reservations , but the food is great.

So in the morning pick up the phone and start calling the marine office.

So now that that is out of the way I think I know the what happen. Ever event that I have been to or organize has been on the system of I call and make the reservation for the whole group and the group pays or registers when they get there. The new office boss seemed to be the type that wants to know who what when and where before hand. She wanted us to have the reservation AND have every body signed up in advance. As an example she stated that another group is coming on the afternoon of the 28th, large yacht club, but she only has three boats preregistered. She was not planning on holding any spots for them if they don't call ahead. Well Like I said most groups are more of a come as you are when you can type out look. I'm afraid that a bunch of boats are going to show up late afternoon of the 28th and not have a spot with their club if they don't call in ahead. One over organized office worker expecting the rest of the boating world to switch to her out look. She was nice and she worked with us today to solve our problems so I am not bagging on her ,but it took my normal good charm and force of will to get the job done and the spaces saved. Rolling Eyes

So lets have a great event.

On edit by Da Nag - link fixed

ddenver

City/Region: Quilcene
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: C-Renity
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the follow-up and the posting Tom. I called and made our reservation for Friday and Saturday night.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Take care,
Dan, Tanya, and Hannah on C-Renity
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a textbook CBGT! Perfect. Tom, you have pulled off an excellent recovery from someone else's fumble. Great job and thank you very much. We might start calling you Ruthie!
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We might start calling you Ruthie!

No offense to Tom, but Ruthie is cuter...

redbaronace

City/Region: Puget Sound
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Photos: redbaronace (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never seen Ruthie, but having met Tom in person I concur.
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Ruthie is a fine looking woman but I have managed to get us Two nights for the price of one as a " were sorry for the mix up" out of the marina. So make sure they have not charged you for two night.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to Go Marine, Get the job done.

Semper Fi

Sorry I will have to miss this one. Prior commitment. I will miss seeing everyone.

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made out reservation. $1/foot, second night free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: