The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Non-skid install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Non-skid install Reply with quote

I have always felt at risk when entering/leaving our cockpit via the swim-step. This is how we get in to and out of our dinghy. I finally did something about it. Installed "KIWI-GRIP" non-skid on the swim step, splash well and port-side corner seat.

Mask off the area, sand, de-grease and roll on the KIWI GRIP. Basically, you slather some on w/ either a paint brush or a 1/8" trowel; it's like yogurt or pudding. Then you go over it w/ the "loopy-goopy" roller in various directions to even out the material, get rid of air bubbles and give it the texture. The more material you put down and the more pressure with the roller, the more aggressive the texture. Water based; soap & water cleanup! I used gray but they have various other colors available or you can custom tint it.

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album1028&id=radar_arch_008&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album1028&id=radar_arch_004&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album1028&id=radar_arch_007&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

redbaronace

City/Region: Puget Sound
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Photos: redbaronace (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Work. We still haven't figured out the dingy thing yet. Mostly due of lack of space to carry one.
mccml

City/Region: Montoursville, PA
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Crystal Sea
Photos: Crystal C
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Let us know how it holds up over time.

Mark and Carol
(Crystal Sea)
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Let us know how it holds up over time.

I hear you; I was skeptical too. Waterborn? Nah...couldn't be... But I decided to go for it after talking to my brother who used it on his 36' sailboat and another couple who did their entire 35' power cruiser with it. They are happy with how it's held up. Nice thing is if you do damage it, a little sanding and you can "patch" with it right over the old and blend it; only caveat is color as it may not be perfect due to fading or variances in cans/lots etc.

Quote:
We still haven't figured out the dingy thing yet. Mostly due of lack of space to carry one.

That's what the roof is for.... Wink
colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just use a 1-1 1/2 inch wide strip of the black "skateboard tape" on the edge of the step. It has lasted for years and has kept me fro m falling many times
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: