The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

1983 22 Ft Classic, $14,000 (Vilonia, AR)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurch

City/Region: Vilonia
State or Province: AR
C-Dory Year: 1983
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Vessel Name: This N That
Photos: R-Dory
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: 1983 22 Ft Classic, $14,000 (Vilonia, AR) Reply with quote

"This N That"is a wonderful classic cruiser decked out with a strong 1997 90 HP Evinrude engine. TNT is capable of 38 mph (according to the GPS) loaded lightly. If you are seeking a reliable low cost fun boat into the C-Dory world, read on!

She trims up nicely and cruises elegantly with 54 gal of fuel in the 18 gal main tank on the floor in front of the engine and two Moeller 18 gal saddle tanks which rest to the right and left of the engine on the floor. The fuel is routed through a Moeller filtering system and managed by a brass three-way control valve.

We have cruised the local lakes and the Arkansas River from one side of Arkansas to the other. Our family has enjoyed countless hours of enjoyment pulling children on tubes, surf boards, and skies. I have pulled a 245# skier with four adults plus two dogs aboard. We've done wine and dine with everything from finger foods to soup, chilli, cheese, and crackers. There is no galley or facilities on TNT.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the economy of the Evinrude engine. I expected a two stroke engine would use a lot more fuel. Thankfully, the automatic flow metering system for the two stroke oil has been removed by a previous owner. I had a very bad and costly experience with a big bore two stroke Kawasaki motorcycle with an automatic oiler and will never use one again. I mix the oil with 87 to 89 octane gasoline. I never use alcohol!

Last Fall while transiting a lock on the Arkansas River, TNT bumped the side of the lock and suffered two small nickel size scrapes above the water line. You can see these in the pictures.

TNT rests on a 2008 Eazy Loader trailer when she's on the road. She trailers wonderfully at the posted speed limits. The trailer has oil/grease filled hubs which you can inspect visually. They have never required service and do not leak. The lights are LED. There is no spare tire. The trailer has surge brakes which is very effective. I estimate the trailer has less than 5,000 miles. The tires are in excellent shape.

Included with TNT is a 8 hp Honda Kicker which I have never mounted or started. It was serviced by a professional mechanic and should run fine according to the previous owner. I do not have the mounting bracket for the kicker. I do have the owners manual.

In a former life, I'm told TNT served our country with the US Coast Guard. She had lots of equipment and "stuff" affixed to her. The previous owners rescued TNT and removed all the excess equipment while meticulously filling the holes and repainting her. A professional cabinet maker completely rebuilt all the interior woodwork. The did a wonderful job! I won't reveal their names but many of you know them. If you look closely, you can find some of the fillings, however most are almost impossible to detect. I consider them character marks and evidence of her service to our country.

Delivery is available anywhere in the USA (lower 4Cool for the cost of fuel and a nominal daily "tired butt" fee which will probably include something for food (I don't eat much) and board. I have a 2012 F-350 Power Stroke and drive 60-65 so you can figure accordingly if you want TNT delivered. Full payment is required prior to delivery.

My price is FIRM, however I reserve the right to change my mind!!! And "NO"!! I am not a woman! LOL...! I just reserve the right to change my mind. Why am I selling....? The kids are gone...... I think??? I just turned "Grand Ole 60"!! My Father flew 63 mission as a photographer and waist gunner in B-26s in WWII. I've always wanted to be a member of the USAF (have that T-Shirt) and I've always want to learn to fly. I just bought an airplane so have to make financial room. I'm very excited about learning to fly.

You are welcome to come and inspect TNT on weekends or to send a Surveyor. She was inspected by a professional fiberglass man last year when I had the bulkheads fiberglassed and he was impressed with her condition.

Little Rock is the closest airport. There are numerous motels within 10 miles of my home.

I will post pictures soon or I am happy to email you as many as you wish to view.

Additional Equipment: Ten+ life jackets, one pair of used (Flea Market) skis, rode and anchor rope, anchor, four bumpers, Garmin GPS and Depth Finder, two each 18 gal Moeller auxiliary removable fuel tanks, maint manuals, misc docking ropes, two white coolers, two dog life vests, four gallons of two stroke oil, one ski/surf board, and one tube capable of carrying three people.

If you are looking for a fun boat, reliable, and reasonable to operate you might wish to consider TNT. Our family has grown so much closer as a result of the time we've spent on the water with her. I am amazed at how versatile and seaworthy she is!!!!!

Have a great day! Happy sailing and blue skies to you!

Michael Clites
Lurch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Pictures of "This N That" Reply with quote

If you would like to view pictures of TNT, you may click on R-Dory. We changed her name after we purchased her.

Thank you,

mkc
C-Val

City/Region: White Rock
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Seaduced
Photos: C-Val
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: A true inspiration for me! Reply with quote

I love looking at the pictures of your `83 classic angler. It is such a clean looking boat. You have done a wonderful job!

I myself just bought an `82 classic angler (the best I can afford for now) and I can see from your pictures what it could look like one day. I have alot of work ahead of me but its nice to see what others have done and is possible with these solid older boats.

I wish you the best with your sale. I hope one day soon someone will be very happy with your classic. just as I am with mine.

1988 22' Angler
Lurch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Good Day...! Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your kind comments.

The children and I have had so much fun and so many good times together on TNT over the past several years. TNT has played a significant role in drawing my family together... It's kinda hard to say how that happened, her being a boat, (chuckle) but she has definately been a part of that. If she sells, I will hate to see her leave!

Michael
Lurch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Price Reduction! Reply with quote

Good Morning Everyone!

I have reduced the price of "This N That" to $16,000 in hopes of increasing interest in finding her a new home!

Thank you and have a great day..! Michael
Lurch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Good Day Fellow Boaters!!! Reply with quote

It's a beautiful day here in Arkansas. Good enough to be on the water that's for sure!

I have reduced the price for TNT to $15,000....!

Please note that R-Dory (listed in some places on this site) was her name before we renamed her.

Thank you so much and happy sailing!!

Michael
C-Val

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What an amazing price for such a solid classic!
I'll bet if you were in the PNW someone would be interested (like me) except I just bought one! (and I had to drive to California to get it)

Yours looks like much better condition and definitely the trailer looks like new. The trailer I got made it safely home but that's about all I can say about it. Its pretty much rusted out. I am pretty sure I am going to have some transom work too!

I don't understand why there are not as many older solid boats in our area when they are made only a stone's throw from where I live!
Lurch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Good Day..! Reply with quote

Yes, I'm a bit surprised she hasn't sold also.

My favorite niece lives up in Seattle! Perhaps I should hook her up to the 350, put a For Sale sign in her window, and take off for the PNW!!

Have a great day...!

mkc
Lurch

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Afternoon Fellow C-Brats!

The previous week, I went to SD and fetched Mom (90) back to AR for 3-4 weeks of vacation and warmer weather. Mom is very active and still drives and mows with the JD...!

We had gotten TNT out of the shed to clean her up. Mom hadn't been on the water in 50 yrs. So we offered, she accepted, and away we went to Greers Ferry Lake...! It was warm and a beautiful day. Mom loved it and Mom, my Son, and I shared crackers and wine to celebrate Mom's Day..! What a great way to spend the day, cruising Arkansas waters!

It made me wish she didn't have to go. I've decided to lower the price another $1000 to $14,000. I've had lots of calls but no serious buyers. If you are interested in a wonderful, powerful boat with lots of potential, don't pass this one up!

Michael
C-Val

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe someone hasn't scooped up your boat yet!

Sometimes I wish I lived closer and hadn't already bought one just like it
(except mine needs a lot more work and the trailer is rusted out)
You have a very nice well cared for boat and a very good trailer.
Someone is going to be very happy - hopefully soon!

Good luck on your sale! We are in the perfect time of year now!

David
DuckDogTitus

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Miner
Photos: Hemingway
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at this price I almost want to buy it and stick it in my dads barn under protective wrap!

If this boat were in the PNW it would be long gone I'd think.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: