The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Strange blue grey spots/mild afte winter storage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PvL

City/Region: Sunshine Coast
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lately
Photos: Latley
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Strange blue grey spots/mild afte winter storage Reply with quote

We have our 22 cruiser out of winter storage and are doing the usual spring clean up/ service stuff. We had the boat covered in a large blue tarp and it seemed to come through winter just fine. However I am noticing blue grey spots on one side of the boat, the starboard side. At first I thought it was mould but after washing the boat, I am not so sure. Could it be some residue from the tarp?. It does come off with a ton of elbow grease . Has anyone experienced this and what did you use to clean it off with?
potter water

City/Region: Logan
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: R-21 Tug
Vessel Name: Poopsy
Photos: Still C-razy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've use clorox cleaner that comes in a spray bottle to take care of the occasional discoloration that you get on white gel coat. Usually from a rotting leaf that sits on the boat, bird doo doo and rust marks. It works well and seems to have little affect on the gel coat.

Never let ignorance interfere with an opportunity to state a knowledgeable opinion

Testosterone Tales-Amazon.com

2006 C-Dory 22 Cruiser 2008-2014
1997 Ranger Tug 21 Classic 2016

KG7RC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: