View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Fisherman

State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I am going to have to get you to give me a lesson on fishing the lower river for ol' Diamond sides. Good work.

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got out this morning and anchored up along side of Raven Dave and crew about 9:30. While I was getting set up they hooked a fat fish that went evry which way but in and after about 10 minutes with one mis hit net bonking, a broken pole, and a hand over hand retrieve they finally netted a real fat fish that turned out to 59 inches. WOW

After about a half hour it was my turn to put on the show and I got my second keeper of the year, a nice 54 incher. I didn't put as much entertainment but since I was alone i did have to catch and net the thing myself. By 10:30 I was done but did stick around almost another hour just for fun but the tide was going slack so I beat feet for home.

Tomorrow is another day and I'll be back to see if I can get number three. Won't be alone though cause I'll have my brother along. So far I haven't been able to hook him up with one of these big guys so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another good day so we'll skip the ocean opening and hit the river.

Tim

Work Release

City/Region: Everett, Wa.
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Work Release
Photos: Work Release
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Sturgeon Reply with quote

Tim,
Good going on the catch! To bad you didn't have the camera crew on board for some pics.
Sounds like Tyboo Mike is still giving some fish sore jaws also.
Went crabbing the last two day up in the Everett area. Took awhile to get our limit of 5 each. It's good to get some limits for some fine table fair. The commercial guys have pretty much cleaned the entire area. It won't take long for the sports guys to get the rest.
Jim, Work Release
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Lynn Marie venture back out this afternoon? It looks like the TyBoo crew picked a good time to call the season a wrap today. The wind didn't let up any, and a couple hours ago it started getting worse out there. The weather stations say 16kts, with gusts over 20 kts, blowing the wrong way. No fun for no fish.
Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
C-Dory Year: 1997
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lynn Marie hasn't called it a season YET! I did leave the boat tied up though and went home after a day of catching a shacker, what I think was an oversized (since I spent 15 minutes and never saw it before lines chaffed and broke), and had several other good take downs that I couldn't keep on long enough to get to the net let alone into the boat. Maybe they'll keep things open a bit longer and I'll have one more chance.

When I came over the hill and saw the ocean this afternoon I knew I made the right choice by not going back out cause all I could see were white caps as far as the eye could see, and that wasn't far with all the gray clouds and rain. Still, our weather is nothing compared to what the Byrdman and folks in the south are dealing with, so my whining seems a bit trivial. I wish those folks my best.

Tim
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like I made the correct choice in staying home.
TyBoo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we missed out on the Blakely and SJ trip that I scheduled three weeks of vacation for, and because the ocean is too lumpy to fish, I had them DFW guys extend the sturgeon season for a whole month. According to the paper today, it will reopen tommorrow and stay open for retention in the lower river until August 15. I guess my boat isn't the only one doing lousy this year. Maybe I'll go slide her back off the trailer.
UncleRichie

City/Region: Bainbridge Is.
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: C-Critter
Photos: C-Critter
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Sturgeon Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
Save some of them for me am coming down tomorow and am going to try going out of deep river. We were there before they closed it and caught several smaller ones but nothing keeper size. We did get a kick out of watching the racoons on the tide flats there were everwhere, suchie bar? Are they still biting on anchoives?
Thanks Richard
(UncleRichie)
TyBoo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well don't worry about me cleaning them out, Richard. The boat is still on the trailer. We have a bunch of business crap to tend to tomorrow, so it is doubtful I will even see the water except driving across the bridge to town.

I imagine they will still bite on the anchovies, but the last (and only) time I tried them this year, the crabs got them first. I still use smelt exclusively.

Have fun. You going to Ilwaco? You might run across B~C there.
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UR, I hope to have the anchor dropped in Baker Bay tomorrow, you'll be upriver but we may venture above the bridge if fishing is slow....we gots to try to catch a few whilst Mike is preoccupied.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: