The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Scotty 2500 pot puller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutch123

City/Region: Prince George
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Reel Action
Photos: Reel Action
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Scotty 2500 pot puller Reply with quote

Has anyone tried out this puller yet? I'm curious if it has anymore power than some of the other line haulers commonly available. I have always been a fan of scotty downriggers and being that my boat is already rigged for them this puller would fit nicely. Just not sure of its capabilities. Thanks! Smile
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should ask. Susan and I were shrimping in saanich inlet in B.C two years ago when we ran into two young guys using that unit. They worked for scotty and were using the NEW yet un-marketed pot puller.

They were having a hard time pulling up their pots and the scotty unit keep over heating and shutting down. They were left trying to pull by hand. I came over with the 27 and offered to help them out with my Ace line hauler. I was able to get the pots up, though slowly, to discover that they were tangled up with three pots as least. Now that's a lot more weight then the scotty or the ace was designed for, but the Ace was able to do it with out over heating and stopping.

Now that was their test unit and I don't know what improvement have been made since then to the unit that is on the market now, but if given the choice based on my limited experience with the unit I would get the Ace. Which unknown to many people can now be ordered with scotty mounts Or Cannon mounts.

There is also another puller out there that looks like the ace but the motor is sitting at a 90 degree to the unit. I used one on another 22 and it was crap. It sounder like a tranny with out any gear oil in it filled with rocks. The first time I started it I quickly shut it off thinking something was horrible wrong. No that's just how it sounds. It over heated several times and shut down just pulling one pot. On the up side they make good anchors......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: