The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New Ranger 27' and 29' Enroute to Florida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: New Ranger 27' and 29' Enroute to Florida Reply with quote

About an hour ago, I saw a tan Ranger 27' and a red Ranger 29' covered in shrink wrap on trailers parked at the Target store in Lake Stevens. (Don't hold me to the correct colors as I am somewhat color blind). We pulled our Medic rig into the parking lot and talked to one of the drivers. He said that both of the vessels are on the way to Florida. He confirmed that they are the fellas from Lake Stevens that have transported C-Dorys for some of our members. My partner was impressed that vessels that size were being towed to Florida by pickup trucks. The truck pulling the 27' also had a smaller vessel shrink wrapped and loaded on a top rack on the pickup truck bed. Shortly after, Mark (Au Kai) called me on the c-phone as we had just passed each other on the road, so we had a brief conversation about the Ranger Tugs I'd seen.
C-Brat #16
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: New Ranger 27' and 29' Enroute to Florida Reply with quote

Yes, that was is Cory Gracey, Sharp Yacht Transport, he is a driving fool! I met him at I-90 and SR-18 a couple of times for a couple of exchanges of goodies that Marc (Wefings) and I did - he last took Marc a case of Snoqualmie's finest!

DaveS wrote:
About an hour ago, I saw a tan Ranger 27' and a red Ranger 29' covered in shrink wrap on trailers parked at the Target store in Lake Stevens. (Don't hold me to the correct colors as I am somewhat color blind). We pulled our Medic rig into the parking lot and talked to one of the drivers. He said that both of the vessels are on the way to Florida. He confirmed that they are the fellas from Lake Stevens that have transported C-Dorys for some of our members. My partner was impressed that vessels that size were being towed to Florida by pickup trucks. The truck pulling the 27' also had a smaller vessel shrink wrapped and loaded on a top rack on the pickup truck bed. Shortly after, Mark (Au Kai) called me on the c-phone as we had just passed each other on the road, so we had a brief conversation about the Ranger Tugs I'd seen.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Montana Kev

City/Region: Bozeman/Yellowstone
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Grace
Photos: Grace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory is actually on the way to the Fort Lauderdale boat show with the 2 Tugs. Then he is north bound to CT to pick up my new to us 1998 CD 22 Cruiser and one other boat that awaits him. Then it’s westbound to Montana before the snow starts to fly and eventually home to Seattle. He is definitely a road warrior. Check out the pictures on his website -www.sharpyachtstransport.com.

Kevin
JDS

City/Region: Coeur d'Alene
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: C-IDAHO
Photos: C-Idaho
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

Congratulations on your new boat and for the benefit of others who might be considering a long distance purchase would you mind sharing the cost of transport?

Jim

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By golly, if they can do this

With a Ranger 21EC, we could do it with a CDory! Wonder how you'd get it on and off though.... Shocked

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Montana Kev

City/Region: Bozeman/Yellowstone
State or Province: MT
Vessel Name: Grace
Photos: Grace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

The price varies depending on several factors so I would say contact Cory and have him quote it. Uship.com will actually give you the average cost of transport if you complete their online form. If it’s more than 1000 miles you can’t drive it out and back for what Cory can deliver it for. With the smaller boats like a CD 22 he can carry 2 or 3 of them per trip. My trailer and boat will be loaded on to his flat bed 5th wheel trailer , so there is no wear on my wheels and axles. It’s all insured. You do need to be flexible as he coordinates things with other loads, if you want it next week it may take longer. I live right on his main east west route between NY and WA so that helps but he goes all over the country every week or so.

Kevin
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captains Cat wrote:
By golly, if they can do this

<image clipped>

With a Ranger 21EC, we could do it with a CDory! Wonder how you'd get it on and off though.... Shocked

Charlie

Charlie,

That's easy. You just drive the truck down the ramp until the Ranger floats off the top. Make sure the seals on the doors are good, put a VERY tall snorkel on the air input to the engine and rinse the salt off thoroughly when you pull back out. Wink

redbaronace

City/Region: Puget Sound
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Photos: redbaronace (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive towing capabilities.
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory has moved out of Washington to Montana and only comes here for work now. We talked on the phone this summer. He had to come to my house to pick up a small oval trailer for a c-brat that I had stored here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: