The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Launching at Anacortes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Launching at Anacortes Reply with quote

Cape Sante, Skyline or ? Question Question
We will be towing with the motorhome and need a good "safe" place to leave the MH and trailer while cruising the islands. We will be on the water for 11 - 12 days. Very Happy

KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
SeaSpray

City/Region: Brentwood, CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: SeaSpray
Photos: SeaSpray
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger,
Last Sept I launched at Cape Sante and left my truck and trailer in their parking area with no problems. We were out for about a week.

They only have travel lift launching. When I launched they used a small travel lift. When I returned the day before the small travel launch had broken and drop a SeaSport on the edge of the dock and into the water.
Sure glad it was not my new boat! They pulled me out with the large lift with no problems.
Steve
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap Sante has secure long term parking for pretty cheap. At least they did three years ago. The last few trips up thataway, we launched and parked at Deception Pass in Cornet Bay. Safe parking at the state park, but it is 10 bucks a night there. Nice people in the neighborhood, too.
Lil Rascal

City/Region: Thousand Oaks
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Lil' rascal
Photos: Lil' rascal
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger,

I don't recommend Skyline. They are not in a hurry to do anything there. Twin Bridges might be a good choice. They use a forklift to put the boat in the water. Check with Scott Mathews, thats where he keeps his boat.

Scott
eieioh

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Brave Heart
Photos: Brave Heart
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used the sling and Skyline and were pleased with the service. There is an unfenced parking lot across the street for a few bucks, but also, the marina has a fenced yard where you could leave your motor home and it is probably as safe as any place could. Call Skyline verify this and check on pricing.
eieioh

City/Region: Gig Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Brave Heart
Photos: Brave Heart
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger,
We used the sling at Skyline and were pleased with the service. There is an unfenced parking lot across the street for a few bucks, but also, the marina has a fenced yard where you could leave your motor home and it is probably as safe as any place could be. Call Skyline to verify this and check on pricing.
Jeff and Diane

City/Region: Renton, Washington
C-Dory Year: 1991
Vessel Name: Immacu-Nada/"C-Spaz"
Photos: Immacu-Nada
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff and I went to Cap Sante for the last event at Lopez Island. When I went to pay, the girl at the counter told me that the sling was not open on Sunday. They have not had enough business. Sad After talking to them, it appears as though they are going to be doing some work at the marina and they are not going to have the sling anymore. I am not sure when this is going to all take place, but it sounded like it is in the making and going to happen pretty soon. We were very disappointed, as we like the sling at Cap Sante. We ended up using Washington Park. Did not have a problem with leaving the truck, but did have to come back early due to low tide. I hear it can be tricky if there is wind. We were fortunate to not have any problems at all. Jeff and I are going to use the other marina. At least we need to get it figured out, as well. But.... Cap Sante needs a phone call to find out what the scoop is with the sling. Don't assume all is well, or you might be in for a big surprise and be driving around trying to figure it out upon arrival like we did, and that was not that assuring. All worked out well, though. As it turned out, we were the only ones to use Washington Park. Everyone else used Skyline. We will give Skyline a try this go around!

Gotta go help Jeff bleed the brakes Exclamation

Rose Diane
Jeff and Diane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an update from Jeff and the real scoop that he got when we were there. They might have the sling open now. The closure on the sling is next year for the redevelopment. The sling will be used for their maintenance and sling outs only. So, we too would like to use Cap Sante. We like it and like the people very much. Never had a problem with he rigs there. We need to find out for ourselves and would like to use it, so... I will be calling them tomarrow to find out the scoop!! I will post what I find out. Just don't pay the port of Anacortes before you find out the lift is working. We "assumed" and you know what happens when you do that... We paid for four days of parking!!! Nice donation to the port! I will get on it and let you know what I find out. If Cap Sante is open, we will be using it!

Can't wait to see all of you Hot Cocktail Beer Cigar Rainbow Hug Hug Dog Wink

Rose Diane
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty wrote:
Roger,

I don't recommend Skyline. They are not in a hurry to do anything there. Twin Bridges might be a good choice. They use a forklift to put the boat in the water. Check with Scott Mathews, thats where he keeps his boat.

Scott

Scott,

That's been my experience at most places that involve services to boaters. Something about being around all those people that are having fun and relaxing seems to induce a similar level of relaxation in people near the docks.... Smile .

Roger

C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks All-
We have the logistics worked out. Looks like we will be using a different launch facility.
Wish our timeline coincided with the Blakeley Cruise, but we won't be arriving until July 30-- after I pick up the boat from the Factory.
I'm having some gell coat repair and a wallas installed.
Then a few days in the Islands, with a visit to Victoria, BC.

Your in the C-DORY Brotherhood,
Jeff and Diane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap Sante Marina is open Monday thru Saturday 8 am - 6 pm and Sunday 10 am - 6 pm. The phone number to the marina is 360-293-3145. See you all soon Very Happy

Diane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: