The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Travelling to Ft Myers Area this Winter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Motor Control Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FtBiggy

City/Region: Fort Myers
State or Province: FL
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Travelling to Ft Myers Area this Winter? Reply with quote

In a recent post, there was some questions about parking and launching in the Ft Myers area and the costs to leave T&T while cruising. I would like to offer our services to you and yours if your travels bring you this way in the future. I have a large lot behind the house and would be able to help launch and retrieve you after your trip. We have helped a few C-Brats over the last 2-3 years! We already have 3 people making plans for this winter, and we have room for more. If this will be of any help, please e-mail me and I'll work to help you with your plans and or "local" info.
"We'll Leave the light on for you"

Bob

Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Travelling to Ft Myers Area this Winter? Reply with quote

Hi,
First let me say thanks for your hospitality. We have had a change in plans as we are coming down RT.95 from the north we will probably be launching in the Stuart / Port St. Lucie area. Then we plan to boat across to Ft. Meyers and then down to the Keys and back up ICW and Hawk channel to our starting point. This way we avoid crossing the state twice with the tow rigs. We will try to look you up when we get into the Ft. Meyers area. We are planning on March 2012. Thanks again! Beer
D.D.

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, great idea and the reason I love this site. We are not in the position to make a Florida run for a few years but its nice to know that people are still willing to help people.
good karma to you my friend.

jennykatz

City/Region: naples
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: ft myers naples area Reply with quote

We live in North Naples and , we have helped some of our c-brats find supplies and showed some of the local waters I would be happy to be a guide down here in Naples or meet some of the Snow birds coming down to Florida for winter . I still work part time but can get off when needed
DD maybe we can get a few c-brats down here for a winter Gathering .
Jim

00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
Tad and Toby Jackson

City/Region: Merritt Island
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Comfy Dory
Photos: Comfy Dory
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to relate our experience with Bob / FtBiggy last summer when we spent a week cruising the Sanibel, Captiva, Charlotte Harbor and Pine Island Sound area. I too had sent in an inquiry to the C-Brats about the availibilty of secure parking for our truck and trailer in the Ft. Myer's area. Bob replied with an invitation to assist us in launching and storage of the t and t. We had a planned date of late August for our trip and the dates worked out with Bob's schedule of home games of the Tampa Bay Bucs. (Bob is a BIG Buc's fan and tries not to miss a home game) Unfortunately, we had to move our trip date back a couple of times because of delays in completing a construction project that I was working on. The final dates that we settled on fell on one of the Buc's home game weekends. Rather than put us off, Bob arranged for his brother to be at his home when we came by to pick him up. His brother accompanied us to the launch at Punta Rassa and then drove our truck back to Bob's home. When we returned after a wonderful week, we called Bob about an hour before returning to Punta Rassa and Bob drove up just as we were approaching the docks. We loaded the Comfy Dory and drove to Bob's house where we had a chance to meet his lovely wife and see his collection of restored cars. We felt very priviledged to get to know them and we can vouch for the wonderful help and hospitality that they showed Toby and I even though we had never met before. We want to give a large "shout out" to Bob...THANK YOU SO MUCH BOB FOR YOUR HELP! Please feel free to contact us if you and your wife can make it over to our coast. We hope we can be as helpful to you as you were to us.
For all the Brats who are contemplating exploring the Sanibel-Captiva area, you are in for some beautiful sights. Quiet secluded beachs, great shelling and fishing, good restaurants and marinas and of course FtBiggy.

Tad and Toby on the Comfy Dory
tomtom1941

City/Region: Wildwood
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: TRAVELER
Photos: Traveler
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: C-Brats to cruise or "gather" in Florida? Reply with quote

This post prompts me to send a message I've been intending for a couple months.

Marlyn and I have a 25. We've noted several gatherings in other states and even attended the Friday Harbor gathering last year on the way to Alaska.

I've been wondering if there is interest in a Florida gathering in the winter, or those who would like to cruise together for a while in Florida. We're flexible in both time and destinations.

We are leaving next week for Michigan with Traveler in tow for a month or two in a cooler climate.

We've done Alaska, the west half of the great loop, the west coast of Florida, and the Keys, Bahamas a number of years ago.

If interested in either, let me know.

Tom
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Travelling to Ft Myers Area this Winter? Reply with quote

"DD maybe we can get a few c-brats down here for a winter Gathering" .

Jim,
We are coming down in March, for me I think it would be fun to do rendezvous somewhere like Bahia Honda in or on about the middle of March. For us traveling with more than three boats becomes a logistical nightmare. Too many different opinions,different destinations, speeds, where to eat likes and dislikes etc. We like to cruise around rather than hole up in one place for days playing wazoos hence we don't do many C-Brat get togethers. Yellowstone and Grand Teton are a different matter as the available list of things to see and do are almost endless. Let us know we would love to get together with any other C-Brats who would enjoy a day and overnight or so together. I just don't want to be the guy holding the clip board and whistle. Boot Key Harbor would be another great place for a get together. Just my opinion here.
D.D.
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: florida boating Reply with quote

For those of you that are coming down to florida this winter here is a website you might be interested in .
www.floridastateparks.org/findparks

Hopefully can see some of you down here this winter Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Motor Control Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: