View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little Catelyn

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Little Catelyn
Photos: Little Catelyn
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: What Size Cookware for Wallas? Reply with quote

Hey, on Wednesday I will take delivery of my new cruiser and I would like to shop for a tea kettle, but don't know what size the burners are on the Wallas. I know that I'll need flat-bottomed cookware for the cooktop. Oh, and I guess I'll need to locate some Klean Heat, too.

I'm getting pretty excited now! Can't wait for my first cup of coffee aboard the boat.

Thanks,
Corwin
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: What Size Cookware for Wallas? Reply with quote

Congrats, Corwin! It is finally ready, eh? The Wallas can handle a regular size tea kettle, it has a flat ceramic cooktop, the left burner area is larger than the right, but it really doesn't matter, we have a little smaller kettle just because. Run don't walk to Walmart to get their small rectangular griddle, it fits the Wallas perfectly, you can use it to make pancakes, toast, grilled cheese sannies, quesadillas, and a whole lot more - the single most useful item with the Wallas by us. Otherwise a sauce pan and a fry pan and you are in business. And for fuel, why not plain old kerosene? It works great...

Little Catelyn wrote:
Hey, on Wednesday I will take delivery of my new cruiser and I would like to shop for a tea kettle, but don't know what size the burners are on the Wallas. I know that I'll need flat-bottomed cookware for the cooktop. Oh, and I guess I'll need to locate some Klean Heat, too.

I'm getting pretty excited now! Can't wait for my first cup of coffee aboard the boat.

Thanks,
Corwin

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Casey

City/Region: The Villages(FL)
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: "Dessert 1st"
Photos: Dessert 1st
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Rapid Chef Reply with quote

I realize that your question was about size of the burners, etc. but thought I'd respond with some additional information.

A couple years ago while walking through the Annapolis Boat Show we noticed a vendor selling something called "Rapid Chef" cookware ( http://shop.wwip.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=8&CATID=5&ObjectGroup_ID=9 ). It seems very well made, and functional for boating (stainless steel, nesting pots, detachable handles, etc.). Although pretty pricey ($170 for the set...) it has proven to be very good stuff. You may want to check it out.

Here is a site that talks about it as well: http://www.landlpardey.com/Tips/Tips_2004_August.html

Casey
C-Dory Naknek
C-WEED

City/Region: New Brockton
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Weed
Photos: C-WEED
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: About the Griddle Reply with quote

We grabbed a WalMart griddle on the way to a four day cruise. Unfortunatly, after using it, we discovered it was warped and had a banana shape to it. Making it difficult to use. When we returned it, the lady at customer service accused me of using too high of heat. (I wanted to reshape it on her head) Evil or Very Mad .

I remembered they had a whole stack of griddles (about 20) and told her that I bet most were warped in shipping. I went for another and noticed most all were banana shaped. I finally found a flat one. SOOOoooo, check' em out real good when you get one. They do match the wallas perfectly and cook great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: