The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Fresh Water Tank Level on 25?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Freshwater Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dora~Jean

City/Region: Simi Valley
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Dora~Jean
Photos: Dora~Jean
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, think you're right Pete -- don't hook your water hose to THAT tank... Crook

My same thoughts on the water heater also, I opted to have them leave it out, I rarely dock except to launch/retrieve.

After I cut the hole above the left part of the tank, I'm hoping I can re-level it (slim), then I'll liquid foam it in place, both sides. It's a plan anyway...

Steve
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I added a small, clear, inspection cover to the wall hiding the bow positioned water tank on our 2005 25'. The cut was a pain with only an inch of clearance between the tank and the wall but some drilling and a roto saw did the job. I ran the water out until the pump sucked air at the dock and started refilling with a 1 gallon jug from that point. At 5 gallons I marked the first line visible through the cover. At 8 gallons I marked the second and at 10 I marked the third. At lower and higher measures, the small port does not allow viewing but I really wanted just the lower end anyway and that is why I positioned it low. The tank only took 16.25 gallons so that is our usable capacity. At least we have a warning when things get on the low side. Hoped for more but we do keep at least a couple of extra gallon jugs in the anchor locker if things get tight. We use a good filtering pitcher to assure the tank water is drinkable.

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Changes&id=0812111212_G&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
jerry97230

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C NILE
Photos: C NILE
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sight tube must be higher than the fill hole or ir will run over when you fill.
Otherwise this works very well.
Jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Freshwater Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: