View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lanlocked

City/Region: Chatham county
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Resilient
Photos: Resilient
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: My wife (deceased) and her father built a dream Reply with quote

I met my wife in Deerfield Beech beach Fla in 1982. Her and her father alone had just finished a project of a lifetime.
The two of them had completed a miracle.
Her father built the where house, then over a four year peroid, Just the two of them built a 63' cabin cruiser.
It was a project most of us could not comprehend no less undertake.

Phil salvaged two 12 cylinder supercharged diesel engine from the Saint Lawrence, and completely rebuilt then for installation in the Dream Chaser.

My wife was the hardest working woman I ever met. She out worked me every day when we moved to North Carolina on a Farm.

Her father Phil died in his early sixties and the Dreamchaser was sold to a party on the west coast.

Carol contracted a rare form of gallbladder cancer in August of 2011 and died in December of 2011.

We enjoyed 11 years of Salty fun on the Sailboat Simplictic.

After She passed I left my occupation of 34 years and decided to enjoy the uncertainty of life with a C-Dory.

My Boat has been on the road for 48 hrs and will be here tomorrow around noon.

I stopped worrying if I would have enough money to live to be 90 yrs old and took a chance on a C-Dory.

Here is a link to a Newspaper article on Carol and her Dad' monumental feat.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1291&dat=19780127&id=LetYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=mowDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3429,4424386
Morning Star

City/Region: St. Petersburg
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Morning Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the new boat! Enjoy your adventures. Tell us a little more about the boat.
Lanlocked

City/Region: Chatham county
State or Province: NC
Vessel Name: Resilient
Photos: Resilient
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not I have not seen the C-Dory. Only a very few pictures.
I will finally find out when it arrives from a C-Brat fellow.

It shows factory cockpit floor boards, (90HP Yamaha with 75 hrs). Lowrance GPS, Lenco flippers.

Not sure what else. It was a freshwater boat on lake Michigan.

I purchased a 9.8 Nissan branded Tohatsu, Big Kahuna 13 gallon shower with electric pump shower, extended 6 gallon run tank for my Honda 2000i, steering rod link for main to kicker, pro troll2 throttle control for the kicker, Zodiac Zoom 8' 6 " dingy with 2hp Honda 4 stroke kicker, 14 Gallon Aux Moher gas fuel tank filler with pump hose.

I have a bond of trust with the seller just from phone conversation and expect a 22 CD in Sea ready shape.

Sometimes yo just have to trust.
Can't wait.

14more hours to go, Whooohooo!!!

ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. Thank you for your introduction. Best wishes with the next adventure. You are not alone. My wife passed suddenly and unexpectedly 2 years ago at 55. I too took the hint and retired, swapped my cd19 for a cd22 and hit the road last year. A very succesful trip both outside and inside. Money? It will work I'm not rich but needs are met Wants are adjusted ( see Bill and El threads) This year my partner Carolyn is joining me. Life goes on. It must. Hard time for you now but it does get easier. You have friends here already. My cd is Kerri On. A reminder for me to (carry on). H D Thoreau once said "if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams and endeavors to live a life he has imagined, he will meet with a succes unexpected in common hours". As true this afternoon as it was 150 years ago. It takes a dose of bravery to act as you did and I applaud your courage. Enjoy your new boat and life. Be calm and carry on. Thumbs Up George
bshillam

City/Region: Bellingham
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1981
Vessel Name: Heaven To Me
Photos: My Heaven
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Congrats Reply with quote

If in your travels you need a place on the East Coast,MD your welcome at our home. Once a Brat and CD owner always a part of the family. Just docked this evening from a day out on the water with my son. I am so happy to be sharing this love with him.
The old saying about a boaters life when it comes toa CD is only partly true.
"The best day of a boaters life is when he gets his boat." I don't believe the rest is true for most CD owners! Smile Teeth
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on having the guts to take such a big step. Here is wishing you all the best. Good luck on all your new adventures. Keep us posted here and keep it in the family.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Grand Adventures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: