View previous topic :: View next topic  
20dauntless

City/Region: Mercer Island and Decatur Island
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Retriever and Nordic Tug 37
Photos: Retriever
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Lewmar Part Needed-Ketchikan Reply with quote

My V700 hasn't been working well for the last week or so. It grabs chain fine, but the nylon rode never catches in the gypsy. The only way it pulls the rode up is if I keep pressure on the rode the whole time by keeping the engine in reverse. This seems like it will quickly destroy the windlass.

I believe the problem is the control arm. The screw holding the control arm in is bent, and I'd like to replace it and should probably just get the whole control arm replacement kit for whenever the next part breaks.

I haven't yet had the chance to try to track the parts down in Ketchikan, but I'm not optimistic. Lewmar doesn't list any dealers in SE Alaska, and I can't order parts directly from their website until August 13th for some reason! I'll ask around tomorrow to see if anyone here has recommendations on where to get the parts.

I also checked Seattle since I could get the parts put on an Alaska Airlines plane up here. West Marine (online) doesn't have them in stock and Fisheries Supply doesn't have them in their system.

So, where have other people gotten Lewmar parts? Anyplace local in Seattle or Ketchikan would be fantastic, or an online place that will ship overnight. I would like to get them ASAP so I can start heading south, since I doubt they'd be easier to find in BC and I don't want to be hauling the anchor by hand for the next month.

Thanks!
Sam

ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam sorry to hear. We have a great shop in Nanaimo called the Harbour Chandler. 1- 250-753-2425 they get parts overnight from western marine in vancouver that stocks a lot of lewmar parts. I got my 700h from Harbour Chandler. Good people. Call Leigh (the owner) or Matt or Dane or Kevin. They are used to emergency type service. Do you have the part number ok?
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Lewmar Part Needed-Ketchikan Reply with quote

Sam,
Lewmar's east coast repair center is called Fluid Technologies out of Jacksonville. Florida. It could not be much further from you. They do repairs there and also probably have some scrapped windlesses laying around. If what your looking for is not in stock as a new part they could probably pull one off an older scrapped unit. Their phone number is 904 384 9659. The guy who does the repairs is a good man if you can get to him,sorry his name escapes me. I think it was Don but good luck. Maybe if something closer does not work out this might help.
D.D.

20dauntless

City/Region: Mercer Island and Decatur Island
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Retriever and Nordic Tug 37
Photos: Retriever
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. Lewmar recommended I contact Fisheries Supply and although they didn't have the part in their system they are having Lewmar ship one to me in Ketchikan. Actually, I ordered two while I was at it. Lewmar should ship them today, and I should have them by Saturday. We'll see if it all works out...

George, good to know about the place in Nanaimo if I ever need parts in BC.
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad they could jump on it fast for you. You need a windlass Have a fun trip I enjoy your blog. Really a good follow along read. Stay safe have fun. George. The Nanaimo store Harbour Chandler is a very good supplier. Used to work there in the 90's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Anchoring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: