arm rests on 16 cruiser

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robl132

City/Region: Pittsburg, Calif.
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Poodie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: arm rests on 16 cruiser Reply with quote

Picking up new 16 from dealer 6/9/05. She's mine! Question: I saw some cool looking armrests on Cabelas site that bolt right on to our type of seat and match colors to boot. They fold up and out of the way. Yet I can't tell if the seats will swivel around enough to face backwards and clear interior walls or equipment with them on. They look to be about 1-1/2 wide. Arm rests would be nice on a long day cruise. What do you think?

Cabela's Soft Touch Flip-Up Armrests Item: IF-012331
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I agree armrests would be nice. I'm sure my 16' Angler wouldn't accommodate a 360 degree spin. How does a 180 grab you? On my boat I'd need to twist left to look aft, but it might work. I think you have more cabin room so like a smooth singin' crooner once purred, chances are your chances are awfully good. But what about your portside table?

Take a look. See if the dealer will let your boat try it on the way we fit shirts and pants at Macy's.
robl132

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy smokes! It's you. catman! Wow, I have been reading, lurking, learning, and envying you for so long now. You can't believe how many times I have looked at your pictures. You and Chuck S. (Chuck is also tops in my book!) You have the best looking camper back of any posted here. I have learned so much from Chuck. I even ordered the permatrim based on his pictures and commentary without even trying it out on my new 16. You guys are like rock stars to me. I must breath. I must say I have been with you in spirit on all your posted cruise pictures. I feel bonded to you with my new 16.

I'll let you know how the armrest's work out soon.

P.S. Post more pictures of Bambina! (not you)

Rob CoolSmile
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Stars!!! Cool. Very Happy

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
Catman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, wait a minute! Rob, no one's been that nice to me since my first grade teacher, Miss Collins. She was so sweet. And cute. But then she went and did something really selfish. She got married and pregnant and life hasn't been the same.

Naturally, then, the latter day cynic in me wonders if you're not Da Nerd in disguise, sitting behind his California keys, giggling fiendishly while rolling the ends of his Snidley Whiplash mustache and teasing the pleasure center in my brain.
Disgust
robl132

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many of us, I had to wait to get my brand spanking new 16 for well over a month and a half. Every single day I would go to this site and the C-Dogs site and plan every single thing I was going to add to the cruiser. I have spent seemingly countless hours pouring over every bit of info on the 16's I could find. I have read your posts and stared numbingly at the pictures you and Chuck, and See-Saw, and Braveheart, and Sea Shift (when he was little) to understand the pro's and con's of owning a 16. With people like you honestly posting the triumphs and failures of outfitting the 16's, newbie's like me save time and money getting our pocket boat set up right the first time. So when you actually reply to a post of mine I get the feeling that I belong to the C-Dory clan. Without gushing I really do admire the work and friendship you guys seem to display and the love of your C-Dory. There are many owners of the pocket boats I have not mentioned. I thank them too. Oh, by the way, kudo's to the C-Pup. It is kind of strange, without knowing you, I seem to know you. Weird.

Rob CoolSmile
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - makes me want to just hold hands with a bunch of C-brats and sing "We are the World" or something.... Good call on being explicit about wanting more photos of the boat (and not Brock).... Laughing

Roger on the SeaDNA

robl132

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Embarrased
Catman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I'm a believer now. You're for real. That means I won't have to ask cryptic sports questions to ascertain you're not Da Nerd in drag. Queries like who were the four 20 game winners on the '71 Orioles, or, or these ones: What was Denny McLain's record in '68, and Bob Gibson's ERA that same year? That would have cleared things up.

But seriously, I'm delighted you're here and happy you have bought a fabulous boat that will bring tons of fun to your life. Still, I can't understand why you wouldn't want a bunch of photos of me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: