The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Marinaut Boats on the road
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Les Lampman
Dealer

City/Region: Whidbey Island
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a few busy days since I posted (why does it always work that way?) so I apologize for not getting back to you all sooner.

Thank you for all the great ideas! I really appreciate them.

Here are my thoughts: the get togethers were always on my mind but more for me to visit with friends and enjoy than as marketing per se since I know of very few CD22 owners who would sell and then repurchase a Marinaut (nor would I encourage that). There may be a few folks that want to move up from CD16s or CD19s and maybe some that want to move down from a CD25 but my primary intent is not to attend get togethers for the marketing opportunities. I know folks would like to see the boat and that word will spread from that exposure.

My questions here weren't meant to imply how I could get C-Brat folks to buy a Marinaut but rather find out how to best reach you if you were looking for a boat (in general)...just as boat consumers. I'm in the business of course but I don't have the same persepctive as a person interested in finding a boat would have. So I'm asking questions.

I do understand the idea of parking in the Cabelas lot or at the ramps. It amazes me the number of folks that ask about the Marinaut hull shell in the ferry line when I'm transporting it from Port Townsend to Whidbey Island and it's not even a finished boat. I'd do that more but it's expensive!

I think for this year I'd like to build about 6 boats. I thought the Seattle Boat Show might generate those sales but I didn't want them all at once. The idea of going to shows at this point is to give the boat exposure, not so much to garner immediate sales. I need more sales next year and the following as we're able to ramp up production so I need to start filling the pipeline now.

I guess I was trying to figure out what sort of shows folks here might generally attend that I wouldn't necessary know about and I've gotten some good information. If anyone else knows of smaller shows at malls, local marinas, etc please post them here...and thank you.

And...thanks so much for the offer of places to stay if I get out on the road with the boat. It's very thoughtful and I appreciate it very much.

Les

www.marinautboats.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: