The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

GO LOOK AT A MARINAUT BEING BUILT!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: GO LOOK AT A MARINAUT BEING BUILT!! Reply with quote

For those of you who have NOT been watching the building of a Marinaut boat at their website or on FaceBook, you should be!! Thumbs Up

You might need to "friend" them on FB, for you old codgers and codgeresses, it's not all that hard. If I can do it, you can too. Sign up and enjoy. [this is NOT an endorsement of FB, it's just a tool to keep track of your grandkids (and maybe grandparents too@!))

Very detailed construction photos posted daily (at least on FB), extremely interesting and informative. If I didn't already have about 4 too many boats, I'd have one of those too! Disgust

Great job Les, wishing you many sales! Exclamation

Go LOOK You won't be sorry!!

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Don and Brenda

City/Region: Camano Island, Wa
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: R-27 Tug
Photos: C-Quest
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be in Washington next week and will probably drop in at EQ and check out hull #1 if it is still in the shop.
C-Nile

City/Region: Connecticut
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 2012
Vessel Name: Betty Ann
Photos: C-Nile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHARLIE and SALLY are absolutely correct. The quality of this boat in places seen, as well as in places normally overlooked, is phenomenal. In Les' Day 13 photos, for example, he shows the Blue Sea Systems ACR, Dual Switch and Safety Hub. The average person who buys a boat (like us until now) do not realize what is out there on the market, and would normally overlook such important details as these (expensive) components. In the stern of our old boat, we had a veritable sea of wires connected with wire nuts, fuses, electrical tape and an exposed wire block.  Our factory-installed Rule 1100 was directly connected to the battery via a 5-AMP Blade Fuse located INSIDE the battery box.  Water filled into the box at some point in time and caused the fuse to corrode allowing only 6 volts to pass, which was not enough to operate the pump in the automated mode.   So Blue Sea System's components are the way to go.

On Day 12 slide #3 is a good view of the high-quality stainless steel wipers, and if you look closely, you'll see the windshield wiper fluid nozzles. In our old boat, we used to stick our hand out the window and use a spray bottle to clear the windshield of salt. This was a rather inexpensive option, but shows the level of customization that customers can achieve in working with EQ Marine.

Betty and Rich

Les Lampman
Dealer

City/Region: Whidbey Island
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks y'all... Embarassed

Les

www.marinautboats.com
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les Lampman wrote:
Thanks y'all... Embarassed

Les

Oh cut it out! Go take a couple of tylenol, have a drink of Dusty's single malt and get some rest! Thumbs Up Wink Mr. Green

Charlie
Catch 22

City/Region: Lynnwood
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Catch 22
Photos: Catch 22
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good!
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was perusing the pics tonite and when I saw the picture of the fuel tanks and the steps I cringed a bit. those steps look to be an ankle and or shin getter. when being tossed around the cockpit while out on those not so nice wheather days trying to fish or shrimp or whatever, I can see those steps reaching out and biting me in the ankle or leg.
1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: just hit this link to see the pics on FB Reply with quote

All you need to do is copy/paste/select this link in a browser window:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marinaut-Boat-Company-wwwmarinautboatscom/139546952799810?ref=hnav

and you should go strait to their FB page. I have an FB account but can never remember the password and did not need to sign in or so anything else.
Bob Jarrard
Les Lampman
Dealer

City/Region: Whidbey Island
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SENSEI wrote:
I was perusing the pics tonite and when I saw the picture of the fuel tanks and the steps I cringed a bit. those steps look to be an ankle and or shin getter. when being tossed around the cockpit while out on those not so nice wheather days trying to fish or shrimp or whatever, I can see those steps reaching out and biting me in the ankle or leg.

Hi Roger,

I suppose I should have written more about the steps, I sometimes assume everyone has seen the photos of Dave's Marinaut and knows what they look like.

What you see in the photo are just the step bases. To them we add tread material that has rounded corners so they're not going to "bite".

The steps don't sit further into the cockpit than the C-Dory 22 steps do (and the upper one is actually even more outboard). If it's a matter of protection we could always close in the space under the step as C-Dory does so one's foot has no way of going under the step.

In reality no one has hit them yet and having them open underneath (the bottom one anyway) makes it easy to clean out the cockpit.

Since each boat is built one-at-a-time for the customer it would be a simple matter to leave the steps off your boat. Wink Then we could fabricate a ladder or steps or whatever would work best for you. Shoot for that matter I could enclose the inboard side and make a right proper staircase out of them.

Les

Last edited by Les Lampman on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Captains Cat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les Lampman wrote:

Since each boat is built one-at-a-time for the customer it would be a simple matter to leave the steps off your boat. Wink The we could fabricate a ladder or steps or whatever would work best for you. Shoot for that matter I could enclose the inboard side and make a right proper staircase out of them.

Les

Hey Roger, how about an escalator?? Or a Garhauer Davit with a life sling... Disgust

You DO need another boat. Mr. Green

Charlie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: