View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Flying to Seattle! Any suggestions? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Well, Marcia and I were supposed to take delivery and do sea trials of our new CD 22 on May 13 in the Chesapeake, but delivery has been revised and hopefully we'll have it for the June Chesapeake Gathering. (No, I'm obviously not suspicious. This would have been the third new boat of which I took delivery on Friday, May 13th!)

So, having arranged our schedules for that three day weekend, we decided if the boat can't come to us, we'll just go to the boat! We're flying out of Cleveland, bound for Seattle on the afternoon of the 12th and heading home on Sunday the 15th.

We plan on touring the factory Friday morning and are looking for suggestions for Friday and Saturday. I was thinking of driving up to EQ to thank Les for all of his advice and friendly conversation and maybe spending Friday night and Saturday in that area. We're leaving early Sunday morning, so we plan on staying near the airport Saturday night.

Do any of you Washington natives see any logistical problems with this plan. How about suggestions of a nice B&B or motel on the water? Restaurants? We're open to suggestions.

Also, Marcia has only seen a C-Dory at the Baltimore Show when we ordered ours in January and has never been on one in the water. Any chance we could bum a ride from someone on Saturday? Lunch would be on us!

Thanks ahead of time for your advice.

Nick and Marcia
"Valkyrie"
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick and Marcia,

Just left the factory about 6 hours ago. My/our 25 is about a week away. The factory is about half an hour from the airport. Les at EQ Marine is about an hour and a half to 2 hours north of Seattle and or the factory. I live about a half hour drive from EQ on a little island. I will keep this thread in view and see what is going on when you are up here. Maybe able to drive over and meet you. Actually Anna Leigh will be at Les's on Tue the 10th to have all the electronics installed. Should be there for a week. So I may be wanting to come over for more reasons than to meet you.

you will love Seattle. Try and get down to the Pikes Street Market for a few hours of wonderment and wandering.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Adeline

City/Region: Vancouver
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Adeline
Photos: Adeline
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
motel on the water?
http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/accommodations.cfm The rooms are literally above the water. You'll swear you're at sea.

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only that, the Beatles stayed there!

Adeline wrote:
Quote:
motel on the water?
http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/accommodations.cfm The rooms are literally above the water. You'll swear you're at sea.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is where the Beatles stayed in 1964. Just a few blocks from the Market that I mentioned above. You can fish from the windows. But I wouldn't eat anything you caught.
Luna C

City/Region: Lake Goodwin/Center Island
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Panthera
Photos: Luna C
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be in the Islands (San Juans) that weekend. I'd be glad to give you a ride - weather permiting! After seeing how great my 90 Suzuki is, you may change your mind on that Honda! By the way, we are both teachers. (As are MANY C-Dory owners)
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Seattle Suggestions Reply with quote

Speaking for Seattle only, I agree, the Pike Place Market is a must-see. If you're interested in staying at the finest boutique hotel in Seattle, consider the Inn at the Market, which is right in the Pike Place Market area with fabulous views of the Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. Of course, I'm biased since I'm one of the managers of the hotel Very Happy Here's the website http://www.innatthemarket.com/

There's also the Seattle Center, the Space Needle, the Waterfront, the downtown shopping district and Pioneer Square. Another fun thing to do is Ride the Duckboat. It's an amphibious vehicle that gives you a tour of Seattle both on land and sea.

Hope this helps. You'll really enjoy Seattle, plus the restaurants are great and the seafood is fresh!

Peter
C-Dancer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: