View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: BTW - Greetings from Calgary! Reply with quote

BTW, did not mention in other posts, we are spending the weekend here in Calgary, visiting a friend on her birthday! Cell phones and the net, doesn't really much matter where you are, you can still call C-Dory, order composting toilets and connect with the C-Brats!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat.... are you using your cell phone to connect to the internet..web??
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I can see how it reads that way...I called Scott on the cell phone, and ordered the toilet on my friend's computer on her internet connection.
Byrdman wrote:
Pat.... are you using your cell phone to connect to the internet..web??

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Ron Bennie

City/Region: Calgary
State or Province: AB
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Calgary Pat and Patty!! Spring has arrived just in time for you. I hope your visit to our city is a happy celebration. The ice is just off the Glenmore Reservoir on which we used to keep our Catalina. The other areas such as Ghost Lake near Cochrane and Little Bow Reservoir were the other choice spots for us for weekend cruising. You're probably wondering where anyone could find use for a boat around here. Anyway, I hope you're able to take in as much of the city as you can and catch a few glimpses of the huge housing developments stretching out across the rolling foothills. Urban-sprawl is alive and well. I hope your weekend here didn't prevent you from visiting the C-Dory factory for more update photos. Don't you think you're being a little shy with the photo offerings? I watched the building of the Queen Mary 2 over the builder's website and I'm hoping for a similar experience with Daydream (2). No pressure though...Have a safe trip home.

Ron B.
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say Hi to me Brother and his family while you're there Laughing
KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
Byrdman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat....from Pat...in Bama: OK, got email from Jeff and he indicated last night that East Carolina State was getting 1st TC255...and would be ready in Jun05... So, I tossed him the idea of the unveiling gig...any of the 1st 3 weekends in Jun05 works for me. I sure would like a chance to get on one of those... Byrdman on FreeByrd, TC24, Hull #51
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, any chance you and Patti can get to Anacortes by 2 on Friday. Assuming I will have a boat by then with maybe 4 hours on the engines. Ferry you to Lopez.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will be able to get there by 2:00 on Friday, talk to you tomorrow.
Anna Leigh wrote:
Pat, any chance you and Patti can get to Anacortes by 2 on Friday. Assuming I will have a boat by then with maybe 4 hours on the engines. Ferry you to Lopez.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying in over the craggy mountain peaks covered in snow was awesome! And yes, the amount of growth and development visible from the air was something too...this is an all-too-short visit, in Friday night, birthday party Saturday, brunch this morning and then back to Seattle...will have to come again some time, I would really like to be here for Stampede one day.

The pix are a bit of a sore spot. We planned to go to the factory every Friday, but the last two Fridays, our boat has been in Monroe, and this next Friday, Patty and I will be in Victoria. I am counting on David to snap a few for us!
Ron Bennie wrote:
Welcome to Calgary Pat and Patty!! Spring has arrived just in time for you. I hope your visit to our city is a happy celebration. The ice is just off the Glenmore Reservoir on which we used to keep our Catalina. The other areas such as Ghost Lake near Cochrane and Little Bow Reservoir were the other choice spots for us for weekend cruising. You're probably wondering where anyone could find use for a boat around here. Anyway, I hope you're able to take in as much of the city as you can and catch a few glimpses of the huge housing developments stretching out across the rolling foothills. Urban-sprawl is alive and well. I hope your weekend here didn't prevent you from visiting the C-Dory factory for more update photos. Don't you think you're being a little shy with the photo offerings? I watched the building of the Queen Mary 2 over the builder's website and I'm hoping for a similar experience with Daydream (2). No pressure though...Have a safe trip home.

Ron B.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

June 3 - 11 Patty and I will be back east, including the Great Eastern Shore CBGT on the Chesapeake, but I'll be we could still figure out a way to get some beer there!
Byrdman wrote:
Pat....from Pat...in Bama: OK, got email from Jeff and he indicated last night that East Carolina State was getting 1st TC255...and would be ready in Jun05... So, I tossed him the idea of the unveiling gig...any of the 1st 3 weekends in Jun05 works for me. I sure would like a chance to get on one of those... Byrdman on FreeByrd, TC24, Hull #51
Byrdman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it Pat...the 1st weekend in Jun I may be forced...grin....to accidently just drive past Nashville/Mt. Juliet...and not realize my demise...until somewhere in the Chesapeake area....say for a day or 3... Then, simply reverse, flip back, spend a day or 2 in Nashville...with the BBQ folks...and working some details on FreeByrd, then tow her down and drop her in the water Destin, FL... Sherryl and I do not return from Japan (Church mission trip until 29 May... so that would give me a few days at home, depart on the 2nd, and arrive on the 3rd. George and Penny on Wanderer made me a very nice offer is I were to end up there without the boat... I really need to get some trailer stuff in order, and at least get me a new transducer on the boat where a muskrat ate the cable in two at water level... Wish I had seen that varment with my Mossburge.. Sooo... looks like I just need to cool my heels about getting on a TC255, but I need to figure it out in Jun due to spending some time in Hilton Head in July...and I will need AC if I plan extended stay in Jul there with the humidity....and I did not really want to cut a hole in my roof if a trade in or sell was/might be do-able within a year... Wow.... I am glad this is a hobby.... grin. May see yall in Chesapeake. Byrdman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: