The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SeaStar Installation - Chapter Two

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Motor Control Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: SeaStar Installation - Chapter Two Reply with quote

Well, everything is put together except for filling and bleeding the system, torquing the tiller nut, tightening down the tilt tube adjustment nut, then tying up all the now loose wires and lines. From all I can tell, it looks right

I think I am going to take the boat into Sportcraft to have the system filled and bled. Tim G of Sportcraft mentioned that they have a machine that will take some of the muss and fuss out of the procedure, and they should have a torque wrench (I don't) too. I wouldn't mind a final QA either.

For anyone else with a 22 that is thinking about this, I used 22' hoses, and they are just about the perfect length.

A question for others with SeaStar. The maintenance manual says to remove and lube the support rod (the one through the tilt tube) on an annual basis. Out of curiosity, is anyone doing that??? I do know that it was difficult getting the rod into the tilt tube due to built up grease and rust deposits. I used a bit of elbow grease, some Hoppe's Number 9 bore cleaner with a bottle brush, and a bit of persuasion.

Oh, I still need some advice on getting lithium grease out of Sunbrella.

Chapter 3 to follow.

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Seastar on both my 22 and now the TC255. I have never lubed anything back at the stern, no problems ever on either boat.

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: SeaStar Installation - Chapter 3 Reply with quote

SportCraft had a hole in their schedule today, so I ran the boat in to have it filled and bled. Jerry, had it done when he came off rigging a couple of 225s on a big Grady White. He does wonderful work!

Time to fess up. I had the hoses reversed on the dual cylinder. Other than that, no mistakes. I need to revisit the cable ties, plus rig the tie bar for my kicker, then it is done. All things considered, I am a happy camper!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Motor Control Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: