The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New Custom Water Tank Received

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Freshwater Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter_BDA

City/Region: Bermuda
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: Luna-Sea
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: New Custom Water Tank Received Reply with quote

Hey all,

If you are looking for a new water tank, I was very impressed with these guys:

http://www.customroto.com

I was refered to them by the C-Dory rep on C-Brats (thanks!)
They have a very good web site and friendly staff and very reasobale pricing.

Installing my new 21" x21"x12" (21 gallon) tank this weekend. Fits in my 22' like a glove. Pictures to follow once it is installed.

Peter

centerisland

City/Region: Mercer Island
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Lulu
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you simply duplicating the stock tank (under the aft settee)?

I just this weekend removed that tank to install (2) AGM batteries, and I'm going to want a replacment tank at some point, though I was thinking a bladder tank in the bow. I could see putting a smaller (e.g. 10 gallon) tank back under the settee however.

What was the cost of your tank if you don't mind me asking?

Peter_BDA

City/Region: Bermuda
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: Luna-Sea
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I am actually putting it under the aft dinette seat on the port side. After much hoo-ing and ha-ing over the size I decided to put a bigger tank in for a few reasons. First, I installed a galley on the starboard side (there was a bench seat), I plan on doing a fair amount of weekending and I hate being salty and sticky and our enviroment here is very salty.

I am also relocating all my batteries into the cabin on the starboard side so there are some balance considerations.

So long story short I opted for a bigger tank knowing that I don't have to fill it if I don't want to. I got a bit of a break on the tank as the factory said that the exterior finsih of the tank wasn't as good as it should have been. However, I think it looks great. the discounted price was less than $40 plus shipping etc.

Check out their web site, it is very good. You can even put in the dimensions that you need the tank to be and it will give you some options.

Pictures soon.
Peter
centerisland

City/Region: Mercer Island
Vessel Name: Lulu
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter_BDA wrote:
I am also relocating all my batteries into the cabin on the starboard side so there are some balance considerations.

Indeed - I'm trying to achieve a neutral lateral balance first, and then ideally keep the things that can change (fuel, water) as close to the centerline as possible. My use of the boat is a little different - we're not likely to overnight on it (except perhaps a trip to Lake Powell) - but I'd still like to have all of the cruiser features for eventual resale.

Peter_BDA wrote:
the discounted price was less than $40 plus shipping etc.

Wow! That's much better than I expected!
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith,

I'd thought about moving the water tank before and almost did it when I had the boat ripped apart. If I was going to move it anywhere, I'd put it either in the spot designed to hold the porta potti or just in front of that (under the berth area). I know someone here (maybe RedFox) put their water tank under the berth. If you put it just in front of the porti-potti depression, you can cut a slot in the fiberglass to allow you to see the fill level. You then have to route the fill tube under the berth to the side but that will give you an excuse to remove all the foam under there and create some additional storage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Freshwater Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: