The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Garden Hose Filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Freshwater Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete in NY

City/Region: Western LI Sound, NY
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Miss Pam
Photos: Miss Pam
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Garden Hose Filter Reply with quote

Last summer when the boat arrived I purchased one of these garden hose filters (clear version) from this fellow in Texas located here:

http://www.pwgazette.com/gardenhosefilters.htm

I use the KX PB1 charcoal cartridge. It removes chlorine, lead (if you fill at a dock with maybe old plumbing soldered with lead) and a bunch of other bugs and chemicals, since dock water comes from I don't know where, depending on where you are. If bacteria is a problem, the KX-CER filter could be good as well. It may take a little longer to fill the tank but since my water tank is only 20 gals it goes fast (less than 10 min) and the filter should last a couple years or more and is not too much to change annually if you want.

The water that came out of the tap on the boat after filling with filtering had a great sweet taste and I feel confidant that the nasties are not in it. (never got anything after drinking it in the summer)

Best regards,

Pete in NY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Freshwater Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: