The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New Owners of Anna Leigh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: New Owners of Anna Leigh Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with David, (and Jo, although I didn't talk to her, but heard her in the background) the new owners of Anna Leigh. The are very excited about their "new" boat. They will be here on Guemes Is. about 11 am Sat. from Helena, MT. So by the time we all say hello and welcome to the C-Pod etc. etc. and they salvitate all over their new boat, and then we wash it again, we will be heading out the Guemes Channel to Rosario and hope to tie in with the C-Pod. Channel 68 is a given. Hope to get some sense of where the Pod is heading via this site so I know which direction to head. They really want to get a little sense of the San Juans also. Saturday night is open so far as to what we will do . Stay at Cornet Bay for the potluck (my choice) so they can get to know some of you. The boat will be somewhat stripped down at that point in some of the ammenities. Whatever we do Sat., we will be out again on Sunday for more "on the boat" time, they will be leaving Guemes on Monday am heading towards MT. but I am assured by David that they willl be back with the boat this summer for some San Juan cruising.
They have chosen a name for the boat. So there will be a de-naming and naming ceremony for Anna Leigh.

Should be an interesting week-end of transfers of ownership, de-naming , re-naming, and introductions. And a few of us saying goodbye to a great boat with expectations of a new boat. More naming ceremonies to come.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your new 25 that is coming, and congrats on the sale of your 22! A fine boat it is and I am sure many hours of fun and fellowship await the new owners. Byrdman
digger

City/Region: Spokane
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Sik
Photos: Snoopy-C
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Guemes Island????/ Reply with quote

Been looking at some of the properties around Guemes on the various Web sites. Could you tell me a little about the Island. Do the ferries (both car and passenger) service the area? How about fuel on the island and roads? I've seen photos of properties with garages, but don't really know any details of the island. We've been looking for properties that are within our price range, and it appears that Guemes might actually have some. I'd appreciate any basic information on the island that you might have. Thanks, Ron
digger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: OOps Reply with quote

I should have looked on the internet. I see a small ferry servicing the island. Any other specifics that I should know about. Ron
Sneaks

City/Region: San Diego (Encinitas)
State or Province: CA
Vessel Name: C-Brat
Photos: Jenny B and C-Brat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah I'd also like to know about common problems living on the island(s) full time. Had friends who did the California Equity switch up to Whidbey Island and they've filled us up with little "gotcha" type stories they only discovered as post-move "Oh by the way's." As in "Oh by the way, we lose power up here all the time, and it's really inconvenient." They moved there because of the beauty, but in retrospect they would have preferred a summer place only, rather than a total relocation. Getting to the mainland is a constant hassle for them, and they miss the conveniences.

Of course anybody who sells a California home to move anywhere else and doesn't move back within 3 months is totally priced out of the market. Angry

Brat #483
"Jenny B" 2005 C-22/F75 sold, Oct. 2008
"C-Brat" 1993 C-16 angler/50 hp
Alyssa Jean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, a little about Guemes Is. It is about 7 sq. miles in size. the roads are maintained by Skagit Co. who also operates the small open deck ferry which holds about 20 vehicles. The trip over is about 5 minutes and when you buy a frequent flyer coupon book the car and driver is $2.85 R/T. Passenger is .75 R/T. The ferry runs M-Thu 6:30 am - 6 pm. On the half hour more or less from 6:30 -9 and then from 9-3 pm. on the hour. From 3:30 - 6 it is back on the half hour. Fri and Sat it runs until midnight and Sun till 10. When it is on the hour schedule and there are more cars that can fit it comes back and gets the overload. Many islanders have a car that they leave on each side and passenger across.

We have a volunteer FD, Protestant Church, Community Hall, small library. Heliport for ER medical transport if needed. Also the Anacortes FD has a medic unit that can be on the island with-in 5-10 minutes of our aid car arriving. The County keeps a ferry crew available 24/7 for ER runs.

There is a general store with two gas pumps out front. Limited farm supplies, bird seed, etc. Deli and beer on tap (often times Snoqualmie Falls.) Limited vegies, full dairy, beverage, frozen, video rental, serve breakfast and lunch, and dinner on Fri and Sat. Sign in the store states "if we don't have it, you don't need it". Emphasis on NEED IT.

The public roads are paved. There is no police on the island unless you call for one to come over. People generally refrain from calling unless it is really serious. There is one public paved boat launch next to the ferry dock. The ferry dock is the only dock on the island. (I use a private ramp about 6 blocks from my house. ) School is in Anacortes. Bus picks kids up on the island and ferries across the young ones. Older ones passenger and are picked up on the other side. The power does go out occasionally. The power company is on it pretty fast. I have a 6K propane generator wired into the house so when it does happen I am not that much affected.

Prices.. I know you can find out some pricing on the internet which is actually how we found our home. Our 1800 sq ft.home purchased 3 years ago on 1 acre with double garage, single boat garage, and studio building w/carport was $199,500.

Deer roam freely about the island, bald eagles soaring about. Hunting is only bow and non centerfire cartridge for a couple of weeks in Sept.

I can launch the boat and be in Anacortes at Cap Sante Marina which has free mooring for day shopping etc. in 10 minutes.

All in all it is a quiet community with lots of things to get involved with if you wish. Or be left alone if you want. Quite a few artists of various persuations.

Any specific questions just ask.
digger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Thank you for the Information Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. We really appreciate it. I can see that we'll have to visit the island and do some serious looking. Sounds really fine. Appears to be a great "retirement" find. My wife's kids live and work in the Seattle area, so the next time we go to visit them, I can see we'll have to have a serious side trip. Once again, thank you for the response. Ron and Kathy
Alyssa Jean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure Ron. We have a daughter and family that live in Spokane Valley. When you know more about when you would be in the area let us know. Love to show you the island and do a circumnavigation of it in the new boat. Takes about an hour 1/2.
digger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Thanks Again Reply with quote

We'll definitely take you up on the offer. We also live in the Spokane Valley, so next time you are in the area you could holler at us. If the water level in Lake Coeur d'Alene comes up we could give you a quick tour also. Although the lake and Snoopy-C might seem quite small to you after your new aquisition. Ron and Kathy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: