The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

1993 16 Angler, $9,000 (Southern/Northern CA)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: 1993 16 Angler, $9,000 (Southern/Northern CA) Reply with quote

1993 C-Dory 16 Angler - $9,000

Contact info:
PM: Click here
Email:
Phone:

Yes, this is Don Anderson's (Sneaks) 16 Angler - aptly named "C-Brat." I'm handling the sale for his wife.

Before going into the details of this fantastic little boat, there's an "option" not frequently offered - there's a possibility of delivery and/or showing of this boat anywhere along the I-5 corridor between San Diego and the SF Bay Area. The boat is currently in San Diego, but I'll be towing it back to Northern California the weekend of October 23/24 if it doesn't sell before then.

First, a small disclaimer - I've seen the boat, as Don purchased it near Sacramento a short time back, and brought it by my house prior to returning home to San Diego. So, direct observations of mine are for that period in time. Since then, Don did quite a bit of work which we chatted about in email prior to his passing, and he posted some of the details here. But, I've not personally seen the work he mentioned.

However, for those of you who knew Don and/or saw the Jenny B, his 22 Cruiser - you'll know that Don was very talented, never cut corners, and was meticulous in his attention to detail. This boat and trailer looked to be in excellent original condition the day he towed it to my house after buying it. It was definitely one of the nicest I've seen; I commented to him at the time, that it had the potential to approach the showroom quality of Brock's Bambina - the standard by which every 16 Angler is judged. Wink Don's intent was, to do just that. From an email he sent me:

"The project? Return it to “factory new” looking C-16 with the electronics I want, the engine I want and the fiberglass back to factory fresh look."

The basics:

- 1993 C-Dory 16 Angler (Toland built)
- 50HP 2-Stroke Mariner (very low hours - 156, per followup below)
- Electric trolling motor
- Two manual downriggers
- Pacific Bunk Trailer
- Canvas cockpit frame/enclosure
- Electronics: I'm currently unsure of exact details. The boat was purchased with "Fish finder, GPS and VHF radio." However, Don's intent was to bring the hull back to factory original condition, and install new electronics of his choosing. So, while there will be something included here - one might look at this as a "blank slate", awaiting the electronic rigging of your choice.

Condition: The hull appeared excellent when I saw it, having bright gelcoat, extremely minimal fading and no signs of water damage. Dings were minimal, and the boat had relatively minimal accessories added over the years. The boat appeared to have led a pampered life, and the owner Don purchased it from kept it stored indoors.

The outboard, while a less desirable 2-stroke, ran like a top. It had recently been serviced prior to Don's purchase, including a new impeller. I don't recall the exact hours on it, but I remember being quite surprised when Don told me the number - it was extremely low. I'm working on getting the exact number of hours off the meter, but suffice it to say the motor has tons of life left in it.

Update: See followups below, the outboard has only 156 hours on it.

The trailer was equally impressive - very little if any rust. It either saw extremely limited salt water use, or was thoroughly cleaned after every dunking.

The cockpit enclosure appeared to be in excellent, near new condition.

What I know Don did:

- Gelocat/hull repairs. Don mentioned he'd patched/repaired several gelcoat holes from installed accessories, some of which can be seen in this album. He mentioned the white came out near perfect. The blue, was not as good of a match - but there was relatively little that needed touching up, mainly on the transom where it's not so noticeable. Don also acquired and installed new C-Dory decals from the factory.

- Interior updates. Don's wife mentioned he had updated the seats, but I don't have pictures or know the details. If the boat is still available in a couple weeks when I head down there, (Update: See follow up reply below for seat details.) I'll provide pictures and more information at that time. Don also built a handy electronics shelf, which he talked about HERE.

- Trailer updates. An email from Don on this:

"I just today finished the trailer overhaul. Rewired, new bunks, new guides, fresh carpet, rusty bolts replaced with SS bolts, and I did find a galled bearing when I did the bearing pack so I have new bearings as well. It was in pretty good shape when I bought it but now it looks new."

Unfortunately, I don't have a ton of pictures to share yet, but there are a few small ones below. I'll provide more details and pictures in a couple of weeks when I see the boat in person, assuming it is still available.

For now, you can see all of the available pics in Don's albums, located HERE. Also, I've attached the original craigslist ad from the seller Don purchased the boat from in August.

Feel free to follow up here with any questions, or see my contact info at the top of this post.

Last edited by Da Nag on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:03 am; edited 4 times in total
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don was excited about this boat when he bought it. Bill helped him through the deal. We exchanged lots of e-mails about the sale before he made the purchase. The engine had 116 hours on it according to him in an early e-mail!! It's worth every penny of what is being asked!

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Da Nag

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captains Cat wrote:
The engine had 116 hours on it according to him in an early e-mail!!

Thanks for the update, Charlie!

However, I heard from Mary a short time ago - she said the hour meter shows 156 hours. Still, almost new.
Da Nag

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on the seat upgrade mentioned above - Mary just updated me on those as well. Looks like Don took the advice of a few others around here, and picked up a pair of the following from Cabelas.

Da Nag

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up the boat yesterday - down in San Diego for a couple more days for SoCal delivery. Wink

One item not mentioned before - there's a permanently installed Moeller tank, label says 18 gallons. There's still room between it and the battery for a smaller portable, or a second battery.

Also - while the pics I had from earlier showed a complete cockpit enclosure, the only thing we could find with the boat the frame and bimini top canvas.

More pics below.

Da Nag

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, a couple yootoobs showing a walk around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvFLoZ5r3JE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeftXi0TzJ4
Da Nag

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some engine pics.

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy that's a clean shiny boat and engine. A great buy for someone!

Charlie
Da Nag

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captains Cat wrote:
Boy that's a clean shiny boat and engine. A great buy for someone!

Yes, it was - SOLD!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: