Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt Gurnsey
Dealer

City/Region: Port Orchard
State or Province: WA
Photos: Kitsap Marina
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to bring whatever insights I can to the board. I may even be right once in awhile. Wink I also appreciate the insights I've gotten from the board- it's one of the things I love about forums.

I will be living at the Seattle Boat Show for ten days. Ten loooong days.

Now, I beleive that a 10 day boat show violates the Geneva Convention. I mean, at least prisoners of war get meals and certain rights! Very Happy

Not sure about the Saturday gathering. Hoping too, but we'll see what the schedule is like. And if there is someone wanting to write a check for a new C-Dory that night, I will be focused on adding to your brethren!

360-895-2193
(888) 293-7991
Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
State or Province: FL
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt , thanks for pointing out that some of us make our living by being full service boat dealers . Just because I have a copy of Gray's Anatomy and A Physicians Desk Reference dosent make me a doctor . The thing that most people dont realize is rarely does the computer come into play. There is a conception that it will fix the motor when many times it wont even tell you what is wrong and certainly wont interpret the data if you happen to be lucky enough to get some. Thats where experience comes in . Thats what you pay for when you bring your boat for diagnostics. Our service department services every motor except Mercury . We have all the tools,schools,etc. We rarely use the laptop software or Honda tool . But we have them . It believe it would be a collosal waste of money for a consumer to buy that stuff . We hardly use it , new motors are intrinsically reliable , and I find it interesting that some people don't respect the dealers skills and dedication enough to let them make a living [like they probably do in their chosen profession] using their investment of proprietary tools and knowledge.
Just my 2 bits.
Marc

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Gurnsey wrote:
I'll try to bring whatever insights I can to the board. I may even be right once in awhile. Wink I also appreciate the insights I've gotten from the board- it's one of the things I love about forums.

I will be living at the Seattle Boat Show for ten days. Ten loooong days.

Now, I beleive that a 10 day boat show violates the Geneva Convention. I mean, at least prisoners of war get meals and certain rights! Very Happy

Not sure about the Saturday gathering. Hoping too, but we'll see what the schedule is like. And if there is someone wanting to write a check for a new C-Dory that night, I will be focused on adding to your brethren!

Matt, I'll be there with Sally, we'll bring you a sandwich and a beer! Which booth will you be in?

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Matt Gurnsey
Dealer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be in the SW corner of the building. Our booth is right next to Fluid's booth.

I'll take the sandwich, but I'd really prefer a Diet Coke (trying to maintain my girlish figure Wink ).
tagman23

City/Region: Ocean City
State or Province: NJ
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Diag Software Reply with quote

I think the software should be made available to any owner or shop that wants it. We have to remember that I am the owner of the product and have the right to repair it if I wish. I have never blamed a manufacturer for screwing up my watercraft when I was the one to make the decision to take it to a non-dealer repair facility or make the repair myself. I have found that most of these dealers know little more then myself about repairing their engines. I also refuse to lose most of my boating season because some dealer can't get time to look at my engine for weeks, when all that was needed was a simple sensor replacement. I cast my vote by not buying a product that the software is dealer only. Yamaha's YDS can be obtained and it has saved many a boating season for me.
tomherrick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiming in on a general note about the helpfulness of Honda vs. Yamaha. When planning the transom width for my boat extension, I wanted to know the metrics on a Honda 9.9 relative to my Honda 90 so they could be mounted to use the same steering cable. After several months of no help from the dealers, Honda central said they couldn't help either; the dealers were responsible to know it all, they said. Eight Honda dealers couldn't or wouldn't help me even though it would have resulted in a sale once the boat was done. Fed up, I found a Yamaha dealer who was interested in my project, got out his books and helped me figure out the dimensions I needed to finish the hull drawings. He asked if I wanted to install it myself; I said yes, and he said "Cool, here's my card. Call me if you need some assistance over the phone." I bought the Yamaha 9.9 on the spot.

In my experience, Honda Marine is so protective and unhelpful that I'll never have anything to do with them again. Yamaha, on the other hand, seems to allow their dealers to be helpful to boat owners; they conveyed an attitude that this should be fun for everybody involved.

So much for my Ford vs. Chevy soapbox rant...

T
Matt Gurnsey
Dealer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update-

As of September 2010 the Yamaha manuals and cables are still available, although the cable is on backorder, with estimated ship date. Current pricing:
LIT-YDIS1-32-00 $127.27
60V-WS850-00-00 $313.97
BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it run on 64 bit Windows 7?
Matt Gurnsey
Dealer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will NOT run on a 64 bit system.
BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks

What is the latest version of Yamaha Diagnostic System Software?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Documents All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: